News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 charger donor body

Started by Hard Charger, April 22, 2019, 05:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard Charger

Can a donor cowl/A pillar and windshield channel from a 71 Charger be used on a 71 Roadrunner?  Would they match and be able to be grafted together?

VegasCharger

I say yes with the only difference being the cowl mesh screens mounting types. One being screw in type and the other being the tab type. This does not effect the sheet metal replacement just the way the cowl screens are mounted. They quite possibly could be the same on both cowls. The switch was sometime during the 1971 production.

But as far as swapping sheet metal from one '71 B Body to another '71 B Body will work.

:cheers:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Hard Charger on April 22, 2019, 05:08:00 PM
Can a donor cowl/A pillar and windshield channel from a 71 Charger be used on a 71 Roadrunner?  Would they match and be able to be grafted together?

Yes it's all the same, even the roof skin is the same between the two makes...should you need to swap it over as an assembly rather than piece meal it together?