News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil pan and pick up combi

Started by Mr. Lee, August 19, 2018, 07:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my oil pan and pick up combi on my 440.

I have had 2 aftermarket pick up's, suppose to be as original replacements but both hit the bottom of the oil pan.

Where can I get a 6qt oil pan and pick up combi that do not touch eachother? Thanks  :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

How bad do they touch? Not uncommon to have to tweak them. If it is was off, what pan are you using and what pickups are they?

Mr. Lee

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 19, 2018, 08:12:42 AM
How bad do they touch? Not uncommon to have to tweak them. If it is was off, what pan are you using and what pickups are they?

They touch a lot, when I thighten de pan bolts, you can see the underside of the pon getting a bit rounder. Pan is the original stock pan from a low compression 440.

This is one of the pick up's: https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/p4529565

BSB67

I've never had any aftermarket pan, pick up fit right.  Lot easier to get a too long pick up to fit, verses too short.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Mr. Lee

Quote from: BSB67 on August 19, 2018, 12:43:55 PM
I've never had any aftermarket pan, pick up fit right.  Lot easier to get a too long pick up to fit, verses too short.

So you're saying there are no aftermarket sets that do fit eachother?

c00nhunterjoe

You are trying to put a 6qt pickup on the pan from a low comp 440? That wouldnt be a 6 qt pan. Or am i reading something wrong? Otherwise, you can bend the pickup to the needed angle or rethread the end as needed.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 19, 2018, 01:41:40 PM
You are trying to put a 6qt pickup on the pan from a low comp 440? That wouldnt be a 6 qt pan. Or am i reading something wrong? Otherwise, you can bend the pickup to the needed angle or rethread the end as needed.

That should be the problem then. I asumed it was a 6qt pan, didn't realise that pan wasn't.

Ok, where can I find a 6qt pan and pickup combi that fits the 440 in a 69 Charger?

c00nhunterjoe

Pan and pickups are all over jegs, summit, and mancini racing. Many brands and styles.