News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine test stand

Started by westcoastdodge, August 17, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastdodge

hey guys hows it goin,built a stand for my motor to stand on and wheel round the garage if needed,decided to turn it into a bit of an engine test stand.this motor is out of a 73 jensen interceptor as the original motor for my charger has long gone(68 charger RT)engine has been stood for around 12 years original low mileage never been apart(steel crank)will be painting up for now and putting the 67-68 intake on it with the carter avs and changing the oil pan to fit the car
thoughts guys :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGMd7TeJWrI
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Midnight_Rider

alfaitalia

Cool...I'd be very tempted to leave theJenson rocker covers on. In one go you could piss off both Dodge and Jenson purists! I might get some!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

JB400

Good luck on finding the covers. 

alfaitalia

Not that difficult over here.....most of the 440s replacements for Charger motors are sourced from corroded to death Interceptors!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

John_Kunkel

I see you're using an open-tail TF to mount the rear instead of a standard bellhousing, how's that working out?

How long before the converter freezes up?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

westcoastdodge

hi john transmission is full of oil but not coming out of the rear tailshaft?? :shruggy:,does shift into all gears just sat in park whilst on the stand,is this not a good way??dont want to do any damage if it can be helped :2thumbs:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

John_Kunkel

OK, I was just surprised to see one with fluid in it not running out the tail. In Park there is little fluid circulating but I doubt it'll fail any time soon.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.