News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rebuilt stromberg carb question

Started by 67dodgechargerjeff, August 25, 2018, 03:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67dodgechargerjeff

so i recently got a rebuilt stromberg 2 barrel carb for my 67 charger...was going to put it on and noticed the throttle lever is not pulled but pushed forward to move the actuator?? do i need some other attatchements to make my original throttle linkage work with this carb?? any insight would be appreciated :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Dino

Is there no diagram in the service manual?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Bronzedodge

Sounds like a non-Mopar carb?  So you mean the throttle has to be on the passenger side to open rearward?
Mopar forever!

John_Kunkel

Some early Mopars with mechanical throttle linkage did push the carb open from the bottom of the throttle lever instead of pulling it open from the top as the later cable throttles do.

If you want to use that carb with a cable throttle, you'll have to fabricate and install a plate to move the attach point to above the throttle shaft. If you have an auto trans you also need an attach point for the TP linkage.

You might be able to adapt the Holley 20-7 to fit that carb.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.