News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fresh stitches in the middle of the night

Started by Drache, August 12, 2005, 11:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

I was just heading to bed last night just after midnight. I got into my room and started getting ready for bed when my foot started feeling very wet and very warm. I started pulling off my sock when the pain started coming as well. I look at the bottom of my foot and find a 3 inch long and about an inch deep gash and the flood is flowing! (find out later whatever cut me cut halfway through a damn vein).

Luckily my grandmother was visiting and just happened to be up in the middle of the night and together we started grabbing first aid kits that I use on the construction site. My grandma decides that she can't handle the amout of blood that's coming out of there and we get in the car for the 2 hour drive into town to get to the hospital.

Once there the doctor comes into the room, sees the amount of blood and asks me if I was shot. He starts peeling off the pressure bandages and tells me the cut is almost perfect, as if a medical scalpel made it. He finally gets it frozen and stitched up although it was still bleeding like crazy and throws a very large pressure bandage around my entire foot.

By the time I get back home it's 4:45am! My grandma and I look until 5:30 to find what cut me but we can't find ANYTHING that could cut me let along make such a very fine cut.

Then when I woke up this morning and silly me I put weight onto my right foot and damn near collapse from the pain. Last time I got stitches was for crashing my bike 11 years ago....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BigBlackDodge

Dayum..................sounds like a razor blade got lost on the floor?

You been doing lines? :o

Has to be something pretty large to cut so deep I would think?

BBD

SirNik73

alien abduction maybe ???

in the middle of the night you get a cut and its almost perfect, as if a medical scalpel made it ?

O well i hope you get on your feet again soon. and good luck on the mystery of how you cut your foot.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

ChargerRob

What ever it was, you need to find it before someone else get cut. :bawling:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Drache

We are thinknig that it was a scalpel blade that somehow didn't make it into the garbage. I use them when building my models....  ???
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

PocketThunder

You live 2 hours from the nearest Doctor?  holy crap...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 12, 2005, 12:00:58 PM
Dayum..................sounds like a razor blade got lost on the floor?

You been doing lines? :o
:smilielol:

Glad you're ok, Drache.
Don't walk around in bare feet for a while.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Drache

Heh nope, not doing lines although I wish I had better painkillers than Tylenol! I'm walking around with the help of a car since I need to keep off the foot and it hurts like a sonofabitch when I put any pressure on it.

And yes I live 2 hours away from the nearest city in a small mining town. We don't even have police out here ;-)
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Old Moparz

You still have another foot, so what the heck are you worried about?     :D

Good to hear you got your foot fixed, but I know I would probably have torn the house apart trying to find out what it was that cut me. Your "very warm & very wet" description reminds me of a story my friend told me. They were on a construction site, & since they were working in a wet area, they had to wear those big, yellow, rubber rain boots everyday. One morning they're working & my friend's co-worker was complaining his boot was leaking & his sock was wet. When they took a break for coffee, he decided to take off his boot to see where it was leaking. Well, it wasn't leaking & his sock was covered in blood. He found the remains of a mouse that had crawled in before he put them on. I guess his foot kind of squished the poor little guy dry.   :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

SLIKK 70

Should of been the last few steps you took before the bleeding started! Glad your ok!!

Silver R/T

wow almost sounds like you've experienced stigmata dude... that be scary
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 12, 2005, 01:21:26 PM
You still have another foot, so what the heck are you worried about?     :D

Yeah I do but this happened to the right foot! My gas pedal foot!  :(
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Dodge-Charger

QuoteWe are thinknig that it was a scalpel blade that somehow didn't make it into the garbage. I use them when building my models....
Darn young'ins, clean up after yourself ! damn.  Oh well, be glad you didnt lay on it.

RD

Quote from: Drache on August 12, 2005, 01:00:06 PM
We don't even have police out here ;-)

but you have internet?   sounds like a pedophiles haven.   not saying you are one by the way :D :D hehe j/k

did you find out what cut you?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Drache

Still no idea what cut me! Although I smacked my foot with the cane I'm using to hobble around on! That hurt like a bastard...  ::)
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

Gives a new meaning to Bloody Canadians  :lol:
Guess that makes you a Cut above the rest :lol:
You know what they say about a stitch in time.... :lol:
Bet when you got home you were Hoppy :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Ok, I had to do it :icon_smile_big:

I hope the doc looked inside the cut to see if it wasn't still in your foot. Least your ok now.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drache

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on August 12, 2005, 07:47:21 PM
I hope the doc looked inside the cut to see if it wasn't still in your foot. Least your ok now.

Nope not in there! I hope I would notice when walking around although it hurts like a bugger! How do most of you "old guys" get used to your canes?  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BigBlockSam

you better not piss off gran-ma again, or she'll cut you again     >:D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

myk

I say that the knives you use to build models are responsible...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Drache on August 12, 2005, 07:52:15 PM
How do most of you "old guys" get used to your canes?   :icon_smile_big:

I'm "old" but I don't have a cane.   What's it like?    :icon_smile_big:

But come to think of it...  maybe I'll put one in the Charger just in case I get some careless smartass kid running into my car with a $100 Yodamobile.     I can whack him in the head with it for being stupid.  :P

Anyhoo... way back when I broke half a needle off in my foot somehow.   Yeah,   I built models and the needle fell off the table.     I found the other half.      I didn't know the half had broken off in my foot.   I had to get it cut out a few days later after I finally got to the doctor and they finally got their x-ray machine fixed.   I was in pain for a couple days and had to gimp it around school and work for a good week.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on August 12, 2005, 07:47:21 PM
Gives a new meaning to Bloody Canadians   :lol:
Guess that makes you a Cut above the rest :lol:
You know what they say about a stitch in time.... :lol:
Bet when you got home you were Hoppy :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Ok, I had to do it :icon_smile_big:
Yep, it HAD to be done! :haha:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

yellowcuda

Ouch...poor foot.  With that clean of a cut you better be glad you didn't get cut somewhere else... does the name Bobbit sound familiar. :-X

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

DarkAngel0816

I have had 100 stitches and about 7-10 staples in my arm/hand one time.  Not fun to have taken out.  (Yes you all read that right...I had a finger cut off and etc).

Glad you are okay, but man that would totally drive me bonkers not knowing exactally what cut me!  Take it easy!
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Brock Samson

i used to get a mystery slice every timei washed my '89 ram van,. took me forever to figgure out what was doing it. Turned out to be a little thorn of metal atop the drivers side drip rail which nearly every time i would wipe to clean it would slice my finger in the same way...  :'(

69bananabeast

It's good to hear that you are doing alot better now that its over for the most part. Was there any real serious risk involved with your injury?   I remember when i was a kid in 8th grade one morning before school I walked into the guest room to get something and ended um slicing my small toe on my left foot on the bed frame( frame was too big for the bed. ) Right after I washed it off and took a look at it a knew   I would need stiches. From there everything was able to be fixed. Once the doctor had taken   a look at it and stitched it up he told me that it was a real clean cut and that I was very lucky a tiny bit deeper and I would have ended up with 9 toes   :'(   Hopefully you wont end up with a bad scar or anything unfortunately I did but luckily it's on my foot so it's not really visible. On my right foot right above the gap by small toe ended up with a line in the middle and 4 dots on each side where  stitches were. All in all good lucky with your recovery and hope it turns out for the best. 
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Andrew

try looking in your shoe, something might have fallen in there - happens to meall the time (but doesnt end in me getting cut)

Drache

Quote from: andrew on August 15, 2005, 04:19:05 AM
try looking in your shoe, something might have fallen in there - happens to meall the time (but doesnt end in me getting cut)

Nothing in my shoe. I was getting ready for bed and hadn't worn my shoes until about 4 hours earlier.

There are only three things that could have really been bad. Since it only cut halfway through the vein, it healed alot better and faster than if it had totally severed it. The second was that the doctor was worried that I might have cut through a tendon because I couldn't move my big toe. That was just the cut itself and the swelling because I can move it now. The third is that I now have a slight infection in my foot and so I'm fighting that with rubbing alcohol and hot water.

I can pretty much get around without my cane now unless I happen to step that foot onto a fair sized rock, then my foot starts bleeding again and hurts like a bugger.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Andrew

Quote from: Drache on August 15, 2005, 10:03:53 AM

I can pretty much get around without my cane now
the question is not "can i get around without my cane?" but "do i want to get around without my cane?", their mighty useful for wacking small children and things like that