News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front fenders

Started by nchrome, October 18, 2018, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nchrome

On my charger the braces that are in the fenders over the front wheels were taken off  :icon_smile_dissapprove: Why l don't know. can some one post a few pictures of this brace sos l may try to duplicate it on my charger. l'm trying yo salvage what l have cause l read too many stories about the new ones are a little off on the front of the fenders and l think l can salvage these. :icon_smile_big: THANKS

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

green69rt

Hope this helps.
69 Charger

moparfan53

Two more pics of '69 fenders... since the OP did not specify what year and we are assuming it is '69.   ;D

:cheers:

nchrome

Yes guys it is a 69 and now l've found more problems and just don't know what to do :brickwall:  Could  these be for sale instead of ordering the night mares from AMD be gentel l've been burnt enough on this  bondo pig

green69rt

Quote from: nchrome on October 18, 2018, 09:30:26 PM
Yes guys it is a 69 and now l've found more problems and just don't know what to do :brickwall:  Could  these be for sale instead of ordering the night mares from AMD be gentel l've been burnt enough on this  bondo pig

Chances are that no matter where you get the new fenders, you're going to have to do some work.  Don't order directly thru AMD, they charge full retail.  Go to one of their distributors.  This guy has a day job but if you give him a call he can make you an offer when he calls you back.

http://www.521restorations.com/index.pl?page=bbody&sub1=Firewall/Cowl

70gtx440dana

70 Road Runner FJ5 383-4speed Air Grabber
70 GTX FE5 440-4speed Dana 3.54
70 Charger R/T FJ5 440-4peed Dana 3.54

6pkrtse

I almost went to look at those local Detroit fenders for the 70 that my Son & I have that needs them but it looks like they are gone already. Back to looking for the correct 70 fenders again....
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

darbgnik

Quote from: 6pkrtse on October 19, 2018, 02:31:47 PM
I almost went to look at those local Detroit fenders for the 70 that my Son & I have that needs them but it looks like they are gone already. Back to looking for the correct 70 fenders again....

Man, took me 2 years to find mine,  there were a couple sets I missed out on while I was looking though.

There's a guy up here north of the border selling a set of fiberglass ones on facebook for $500CDN, if you're interested?
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

DAY CLONA

Quote from: darbgnik on October 19, 2018, 06:39:49 PM
Quote from: 6pkrtse on October 19, 2018, 02:31:47 PM

Man, took me 2 years to find mine,  there were a couple sets I missed out on while I was looking though.

There's a guy up here north of the border selling a set of fiberglass ones on facebook for $500CDN, if you're interested?

There's about only 3 sources for 70 Fiberglass fenders, 1. Stinger/AAR, (IIRC these are already converted for Daytona) 2. Showcars in Canada (To be avoided at all costs pure crap) and 3 WS Racing in Wisconsin

I have 70 fiberglass fenders from WS Racing on my Daytona, they weren't bad, bolt on style, but needed some work to correct shape/bodylines/details, but not much needed... I haven't had one individual ever notice, and I've had the "tapper/knocker" experts who proudly proclaim that my Daytona nose is fiberglass, and the fenders steel by the different sound they make when tapped/knocked on... often with me correcting them of their error, after informing them they just had to ask first...

Mike