News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29L9B217178 Charger 500

Started by held1823, November 01, 2018, 11:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

62 Max

Quote from: 1969daytona on November 18, 2018, 02:02:37 PM
Quote from: Simonic on November 02, 2018, 06:17:51 PM
The fit on the passenger side headlight surround is awful....And how hard is it to fit an armrest....One of them looks like a banana  :shruggy:

That was the first thing that went true my mind to.
How is it possible to get the headlight surrounding so wrong if the baskets/front clip is okay?

K-E

Depends on which picture you are lookong at. :scratchchin:

Stevetona

tan top

Quote from: Stevetona on November 03, 2019, 11:47:40 PM
Looks like the real numbers matching engine would like to have a word with the imposter.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2712367/anyone-know-this-charger-500.html#Post2712367

:slap:

:o  this don't look good ... it had to happen at one time ! the original motor turning up , actually this is not the first time ive heard this happening, i'm sure the Hemi owners will or more likely to have had or going to have this happen as their value increases & more cars that were previously unknown or suposadly destroyed in the 70s , make a return as a perfectly restored car with matching numbers motor.
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70 sublime

How come the vin on the motor in the car has letters and numbers that looked like they are raised and not stamped in ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

white

I looked at this car a few years ago I noticed the rear window trim was not correct. Overall not a bad car.

chargervert

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, the only thing better than one matching numbers engine, is two matching numbers engines, right? Lol

moparstuart

Quote from: chargervert on November 04, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, the only thing better than one matching numbers engine, is two matching numbers engines, right? Lol
right  LOL   always nice to have a spare    :nana: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 01, 2018, 01:56:43 PM
So is it worth any less because it is not the same colour green as on fender tag ?

Considering how nice F6 looks, arguably not significantly less.

Fender tag appears to be a repop.

chargervert

Buyer to Vanguard salesman. ....is that 500 matching numbers? Salesman to buyer ......twice times!

Aero426

Regardless of the block in the car,  any time I see a Facebook post from an attractive chick for a sought after part (that only one guy needs), it makes me wonder how legit it is.    

RallyeMike

QuoteRegardless of the block in the car,  any time I see a Facebook post from an attractive chick for a sought after part (that only one guy needs), it makes me wonder how legit it is.   

:lol:  I was thinking the same thing.

It's a "Who done it?"  :scope:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 04, 2019, 09:12:07 AM
How come the vin on the motor in the car has letters and numbers that looked like they are raised and not stamped in ??

Ghoste

True story- not that many years ago we had a 69 Camaro turn up at auction that the seller described to us as numbers matching.  Upon the cars arrival it was determined that the engine had been restamped.  When we called the seller out on it and told him the engine in the car was NOT numbers matching he told us, "yes it is, I know for sure its numbers matching because I stamped the numbers in the block myself".

70 sublime

I guess numbers matching and original numbers matching motor mean two totally different things  :rofl: 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

chargervert

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2019, 06:12:51 AM
True story- not that many years ago we had a 69 Camaro turn up at auction that the seller described to us as numbers matching.  Upon the cars arrival it was determined that the engine had been restamped.  When we called the seller out on it and told him the engine in the car was NOT numbers matching he told us, "yes it is, I know for sure its numbers matching because I stamped the numbers in the block myself".

Now that there is some funny shit!  A real wizard! I had a 71 G 440 HP engine that the top pad looks like monkeys stamped the numbers in it. I bought a 71 Charger R / T  from my friend, and he wanted to keep the engine block, so I traded him my block,for the matching numbers engine block, and the matching numbers engine blocks top pad looked like the same monkeys stamped that one too!

odcics2

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 01, 2018, 01:26:59 PM
Slick way to do the back glass stainless trim if you don't have the original.......

Subtract 3-4K from the asking price to buy the real stuff!!!   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 05, 2019, 09:20:04 AM
I guess numbers matching and original numbers matching motor mean two totally different things  :rofl: 

Man, it IS getting to point of splitting hairs....... And I don't have much to give up any more....... :-)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ksquared

Quote from: Aero426 on November 04, 2019, 05:14:43 PM
Regardless of the block in the car,  any time I see a Facebook post from an attractive chick for a sought after part (that only one guy needs), it makes me wonder how legit it is.    

OK, in case anybody is wondering, I tried to find the information for the (661) 202-7659 phone number listed in the Facebook posting.  For this one it turned up still questionable, all I could find was Gwendolyn Dacie at Katherine Manor Ct. in Hamilton OH.  Attempting to find Gwendolyn Dacie or any information about her proved to be difficult so far.  It is strange because the 661 area code with 202 should be out in California, maybe Riverside or Commerce.  I found another mention of Gwendoly Dacie on Sword Court in Santa Maria California, so maybe that is the previous address or maybe the current address.

DonC1

661 area code is Santa Clarita, just outside of LA - So Cal.

odcics2

A lot of folks move and keep their phone number.    :Twocents:

Not like the old days!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ksquared

Quote from: odcics2 on November 05, 2019, 06:05:39 PM

A lot of folks move and keep their phone number.    :Twocents:

Not like the old days!

With cell phones it is now very common.

The other number I found for Gwendolyn Dacie was an (808) 212-xxxx number, which is in Santa Maria, California.

I'd be interested if anybody has tried to call the 661 phone number listed in the Facebook post.

wingcarenvy

I have a friend who collects unrestored Mopars. One of the cars he owns came with a 340 long block in a crate directly from the Plymouth dealer. It still had the warranty instructions for the mechanic. In the instructions from Ma Mopar it tells the mechanic to stamp the VIN in the new block. No extra or special markings were discussed. After seeing this I figure that there are a lot of "restamped" blocks done out there that are merely just warranty engines from back in the day.

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on November 06, 2019, 09:58:56 AM
I have a friend who collects unrestored Mopars. One of the cars he owns came with a 340 long block in a crate directly from the Plymouth dealer. It still had the warranty instructions for the mechanic. In the instructions from Ma Mopar it tells the mechanic to stamp the VIN in the new block. No extra or special markings were discussed. After seeing this I figure that there are a lot of "restamped" blocks done out there that are merely just warranty engines from back in the day.
wow interesting  info    :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Impkidd

Wow, if you could send us a pic of those instructions, that could change the classic car world significantly. Then we can study the type of font used and depth to stamp the blocks....

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Impkidd on November 06, 2019, 11:10:17 AM

Wow, if you could send us a pic of those instructions, that could change the classic car world significantly. Then we can study the type of font used and depth to stamp the blocks....

I will see what I can do.