News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow !!! 69 383 Charger for $82,000 +

Started by hemi68charger, January 12, 2019, 05:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Lordy, I can't even seem to get above $70,000 for my 4speed Charger 500 and this survivor 383 Charger gets $82,500?  Wow....

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-359652/1969-dodge-charger/
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

white

hemi68charger

Quote from: white on January 12, 2019, 05:24:23 PM
I wonder if that includes buyer fee

regardless, that is a ton of money for a 383 car... maybe I should try something new.... Heard that it isn't the best place unless you have a 100-point car.. Of course my 500 is nice, but it isn't a Concourse Platinum 100 point car....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Challenger340

That Charger was covered extensively on another thread here, and I highly doubt it's "UN-restored" or "reference" ?
And it's most certainly been repainted for sure !

Good read here:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,134204.0.html

Nice Car don't get me wrong, but IMO, no way $82 large
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Moparpoolman

Yes, Mecum includes the Buyer's commission in the sold for number.  So sold for $77500 plus a $7750 commission = $85250

Alaskan_TA

I am always glad when auction season is over........

Birdflu

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 12, 2019, 07:05:26 PM
I am always glad when auction season is over........

I wasn't aware it was ever over... :-\

hemi68charger

Quote from: Moparpoolman on January 12, 2019, 06:26:33 PM

Yes, Mecum includes the Buyer's commission in the sold for number.  So sold for $77500 plus a $7750 commission = $85250

At $77, still large money... Damn, even more than my 500.... They could have had a 4speed 500 for less..... Good for him....

Troy
Troy

metallicareload99

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 12, 2019, 05:21:17 PM
Lordy, I can't even seem to get above $70,000 for my 4speed Charger 500 and this survivor 383 Charger gets $82,500?  Wow....

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-359652/1969-dodge-charger/

It's because it has a better looking grille and backlight than a 500.   :slap:   ;)
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

hemi-hampton

All because it was a unrestored original survivor in excellent shape, or was suppose to be. It would of never got that much if it was passed around between 10 different owners with 10 different paint jobs but nicely restored again. You can only be original once but you can restore your car over & over 10 times.  :scratchchin:

odcics2

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 13, 2019, 02:05:16 AM
All because it was a unrestored original survivor in excellent shape, or was suppose to be. It would of never got that much if it was passed around between 10 different owners with 10 different paint jobs but nicely restored again. You can only be original once but you can restore your car over & over 10 times.  :scratchchin:

Bingo!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Challenger340

So from this auction example by Mecum,(a reputable auction house), I guess I can also now advertise my '69 R/T SE as an UN-restored original because it is more original that that one is.

Good to know, and a great comparable to example when asked.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Moparpoolman

Quote from: Challenger340 on January 13, 2019, 10:28:31 AM
So from this auction example by Mecum,(a reputable auction house), I guess I can also now advertise my '69 R/T SE as an UN-restored original because it is more original that that one is.

Good to know, and a great comparable to example when asked.
Auction houses assumes no responsibility as to how cars are described or advertised and ONLY goes by the information the sellers provide them with.  It is the buyers responsibility to personally or have someone examine and inspect the a car before purchase. 
I find it suspicious that the award ("2018 AACA Spring meet badge for Preservation of Original Features, award not included") the car received (or at least a copy of it) is not included  with the car.

69 OUR/TEA

I have a friend who does collector car appraisals/inspections who goes to this every year , knows details and paint , asked him to check this one out , said it was def a repaint , but was orig in all other ways . To me , the interior is either WOW super nice orig , or partially redone . Either way , I would agree , $77k + fees is strong money for it . Very nice color combo .

hemi-hampton

When I dented my front fender on my original paint car I thought, I'm a paint body guy maybe I should just bondo up that fender & repaint whole car, many people ask why didn't I. If I did I couldn't call it a original unrestored survivor car although I have seen many many other people call there cars unrestored original survivor cars but then add at the end, oh, by the way only 1 repaint. like only one is ok.  :shruggy: :scratchchin: :brickwall:  With one repaint who knows what garbage is hiding under that paint. Being a paint body guy I've seen lots of crap & garbage hiding under a nice new shiny paint job. LEON.

Dano 1

That's unreal money for an otherwise plain car. They are only original once, of course that's tarnished a little bit if it was a repaint IMO. There's definitely some other cars I'd rather have for $80k+ though, a '69 500 4-speed included.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com