News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD frame marking point question.

Started by 7necharger, December 31, 2018, 06:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kent

You know Hampton, we're dam lucky to be getting them too. I'm old enough to know when you couldn't these parts and me personally didn't have any wrecking yards that would have any of these classics in them.(dam car crushers) No parts left at Ma Mopar. And the biggest thing of all No Cash!  So off to the scrap yards to rob metal out of a engine bonnet or trunk cover whatever we could get are hands on. Then to pull out the torch and some bronze. Things weren't as pretty back then. lol

Would not fly today but it still happens. The young fellas are still at it. But with out the bronze.

Yep I'm a Canadian Redneck!  :eek2:
Kent

kent

Ok 7necharger went out to the shop this morning and Roger my body man and I took a few shots of the requested area. Hope they are good enough for you. Even have the measurement for the leaf spring frame rail perch which is 10 3/8. Only if your perch is made the same way as the original.
But the measurement that you were wanting to know is really 8 3/8"  more this than 8 1/4 maybe 5/16 I think it would be close enough. I held the tape to go along the frame rail instead of in a straight line. You understand what I'm saying eh. The tape was held right on the very edge of the frame rail. Pretty close really with the AMD one. You know yourself no two cars were alike.  You should see the difference from one side to the other on my car. Two different men working on each side of the car.
  Let me know. Sorry for the pic just off my cell.

We were wondering why you need this measurement? Your going to have to lay the rail up against the floor any way. So we were just curious.

Anyway man let me know if this is good enough. I'll be back to the shop on Friday afternoon if you need any more measurements.
Kent

7necharger

Quote from: kent on January 02, 2019, 11:12:51 AM
Ok 7necharger went out to the shop this morning and Roger my body man and I took a few shots of the requested area. Hope they are good enough for you. Even have the measurement for the leaf spring frame rail perch which is 10 3/8. Only if your perch is made the same way as the original.
But the measurement that you were wanting to know is really 8 3/8"  more this than 8 1/4 maybe 5/16 I think it would be close enough. I held the tape to go along the frame rail instead of in a straight line. You understand what I'm saying eh. The tape was held right on the very edge of the frame rail. Pretty close really with the AMD one. You know yourself no two cars were alike.  You should see the difference from one side to the other on my car. Two different men working on each side of the car.
  Let me know. Sorry for the pic just off my cell.

We were wondering why you need this measurement? Your going to have to lay the rail up against the floor any way. So we were just curious.

Anyway man let me know if this is good enough. I'll be back to the shop on Friday afternoon if you need any more measurements.
Thanks a lot my friend. Sorry for late reply .actually on my car all holes were cover with welded sheets so I couldn't see any Mark holes.problem is complete floor and frames were rusted badly and trosin bar cross member too.so I wanted to make Mark on rear frame so I could measure and install the torsion bar cross member and complete front rails.now I have noticed that driver side frame rail from AMD is 1/2 shorter from where it attach to torsion bar cross member.

kent

Yeah let the fun begin. I wonder how much harder it would be to make the parts to fit like originals?
Kent