News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door ding repair

Started by tucknroll, September 06, 2018, 12:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

Hey, got a pretty nasty door ding at work.  Do you guys have any tricks to work out a small crease or just call the paintless dent repair guys? Thanks

Lennard

I would let the pros handle it.

alfaitalia

I bought a set of cheapish  PDR rods from China on eBay. You get the rods, hammers, rubber punches, door glass protector, leverage hook and chain etc etc. Its really is not that difficult. I learnt on a few dents the works trucks had picked up....that gave me quite a lot to practise on! Door pings and soft shallow dents are easy...sharp edged creases are more difficult and take me longer....but I get them out. The main problem is access...too often the dent lines up with a reinforcing piece or box section...but then the pros can't do much about that either. I did drill a hole through the inner skin of my Jeep rear wheel arch to get to the back of a dent...that worked well...after I just put a rubber grommet the hole and undersealed over it. Like anything else...it just takes practise.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Seabeckredneck

Just my 2 cents, I have had luck with the glue gun type dent pullers. They work surprising well! You can get cheap kits at Harbor Freight or and nicer kit at Eastwood. But they work the same. Even with a mild crease, this tool does the job and didn't damage the paint. I've used mine on a number of vehicles with great results.
  Let me know if you try it.
  Good luck!

jlatessa

See if you have a "Dent Wizard" person in your area,
they frequent the car dealers on a regular basis and are the go-to people
for a professional result,

Used them a number of times, good results and reasonable.

Joe

PS check with local car dealerships, they may have a contact for you