News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buried in Snow 2nd Gen

Started by ddurang, January 28, 2019, 03:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddurang

Stumbled across this picture from Western NY Blizzard if 77

moparfan53

Interesting pic. Looks like the drivers window of the Olds is down partway. I assume it was in the process of being dug out. Check out the rear antenna on the Charger.  ;D  I remember those... yes, I am old!  :icon_smile_big:

71charger_fan

My Charger, blizzard of '96.

ACUDANUT

Man that brings back memories. !!

Kern Dog

You guys in the snow climates...WTF are you thinking ?? You do know that there are places in this great country that do NOT get that cold, right?   :eek2:

Ghoste

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 29, 2019, 11:55:25 PM
You guys in the snow climates...WTF are you thinking ?? You do know that there are places in this great country that do NOT get that cold, right?   :eek2:

Then we'd be all on top of each other..... double- :eek2:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Birdflu

Guess some of us just aren't that smart...
I've got to admit though, this morning when the thermometer read -35 degrees, I was wondering why a person would subject themselves to this!  :shruggy:

alfaitalia

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 30, 2019, 08:18:43 AM

Then we'd be all on top of each other..... double- :eek2:

With the size of your country Im sure you would all still have plenty of space if everyone inhabited the bottom half of the country!!! LOL!

Interesting fact time!! London is further North than Calgary and far further North than New York.....yet snow is very rare here whereas both those places get lots or the white stuff.....mainly thanks to the Gulf stream delivering warm water from the Caribbean area to our Western shores. However due to the melting of the Ice up North due to climate change the sea around our coast is cooling fast and pushing that warm water further South....probably only a matter of time before we get the weather that the Gulfstream protects us from at present.....boo!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

stripedelete

I'm in Northern Ohio.   The cold and snow are an easy trade-off to live in a great place.   
It's the winter overcast, that's the killer!

Ghoste

I suppose here in the rust belt that in spite of the cold, we dont have alligators, volcanoes, or violent earthquakes.  We are shorter on poisonous snakes and spiders too.  Tornadoes but no hurricanes.  Cant go ice fishing or snowmobiling much in the south either.  Pros and cons to both.  (I'm mostly just trying to convince myself though so arguments in favor of the south are not welcome)

70 sublime

Back on topic

Buried in snow well almost  :icon_smile_wink:

Another board member has his next project stored at my place
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

b5blue

alfaitalia

I'm sure it must very tiring to have it for months on end but it would be great to have that sort of amount of snow here once in a while.....would not have to go to France to snowboard then !
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

b5blue

No much worse than that really. Long ago my Charger leaked badly. In frozen winters the snow/ice melted into the car and next morning ice was formed on the inside glass. Slipping and sliding people and cars can mess you up. I recall spending 2 hours chipping ice out of forms so we could pour concrete on a six degree A.M. day. The day to day hassle sucks.

HANDM

Here's mine this morning  :shruggy:

Lennard

HANDM

Quote from: HANDM on February 04, 2019, 11:31:39 PM

And here I thought my car with snow would get this shit show back on track.....guess not

Dino

Quote from: HANDM on February 05, 2019, 11:42:33 AM
Quote from: HANDM on February 04, 2019, 11:31:39 PM

And here I thought my car with snow would get this shit show back on track.....guess not

Fair point

Back on topic. I'll be nice and quit being a horrible bully.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Chargen69

Quote from: b5blue on February 05, 2019, 12:17:38 PM
So no more snowy Chargers?

I started to say the same thing, why cant you people enjoy seeing pictures of our cars in conditions they probably will not be allowed to be in again?  I know mine will never have snow on it, ever again

VegasCharger

b5blue

VegasCharger

Birdflu

Ok...don't shoot the messenger, but here's a 2nd gen that's ready for the snow!  :rotz: