News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Superbird - got one today

Started by taxspeaker, January 12, 2019, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

Bought an original Hemi bird today! Automatic but acceptable. An unknown car for 40 years, just surfaced recently

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Challenger340

Quote from: taxspeaker on January 12, 2019, 07:32:12 PM
Bought an original Hemi bird today! Automatic but acceptable. An unknown car for 40 years, just surfaced recently

:2thumbs:
What part of the country did it surface in ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

taxspeaker

Came from PA-surfaced a few years ago and I got it from that gentleman. More info soon

tan top

great stuff  :dance:  looking forward seeing pictures & reading about your  Hemi Bird adventure & stuff    :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Birdflu

taxspeaker

Time goes on and cars change hands. I'm the fat one not the purple one, on the way home to Indiana

Birdflu

Good for you! I spoke with Mike about the car as well, but it sounded like he wanted to keep it until after the reunion. Oh well, glad a member of this board acquired the car!  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Well Hell !!!! Wow, that came out of the blue.... knew Mike was thinking about it..... Nice to know it is in good hands.....  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 27, 2019, 09:31:17 AM

Well Hell !!!! Wow, that came out of the blue.... knew Mike was thinking about it..... Nice to know it is in good hands.....  :2thumbs:

He had a little helpful nudge...  ;D

hemigeno

I figured this part of the story belonged on the main board rather than back in the Wanted section...

:cheers:

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

taxspeaker

Agree-I love that wacky old paint job!

RSI700VIPER

Awesome car!  What was the original color?
69 V2 Daytona 440 4-Speed 3.54 Dana
70 FJ5 Superbird 440+6 4-Speed 3.54 Dana
69 Talladega Torino 428 CJ
69 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Gurney Special
70 T6 Challenger T/A 4-speed
70 V2 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4-speed
71 FC7 Challenger Vert Flemington Speedway Pace Car
71 V2 Challenger RT Formal Roof w/ V2 Stripe & Houndstooth

hemi68charger

Quote from: taxspeaker on February 01, 2019, 04:26:48 PM
Agree-I love that wacky old paint job!

Oh, I forgot !!! the newest AB !!!  ( Aero-Bastard ) coined by the imfamous Maxwell...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

taxspeaker

b5 blue original, white interior still there and looking good (as good as white can look) and only 1,652 original miles (1/4 at a time)
dana 4.89 rear (original was 3:55 8 3/4)
automatic on column (moved to line-locked hurst automatic floor shift), leaks like a sieve will check it out closely next weekend
hemi and 2-4's engine fires and runs on first click
open headers still from drag racing days with original, non-hooked to headers exhaust
cool can still mounted on inner passenger fender, but not hooked up
no spare or jacks (removed for drag racing)
dash mounted old school sun tach
clean body with no significant rust
paint shows its age-will be getting paint repaired but not repainting
plan on maintaining the rest of the car as is after fixing leaks, cleaning it up, and fixing a number of non-drag racing things that broke over time (lock cylinders, etc.)
SHowing it feb 8-10 at World of Wheels in Indianapolis where it won NHRA Summernationals class in 1970, along with the Stealth bird we just finished, the Alaska highway Superbird and the Daytona.
Will be taking to Talladega in October if accepted, along with its family members but no other show plans this year unless my buddy wants to take it for me.

taxspeaker

He had a little helpful nudge...  ;D
[/quote]

Thanks for that nudge Joe-getting home late Monday night and anxious to get back to it.
Bob

cudavic

Quote from: taxspeaker on February 01, 2019, 10:31:00 PM
b5 blue original, white interior still there and looking good (as good as white can look) and only 1,652 original miles (1/4 at a time)

Wow, all I have to say is wow!
My dream car there, B5 blue, white interior, automatic hemi car.
You certainly do have the knack of finding and buying wing cars, congratulations.

Moparpoolman

Does it still have the original #'s engine and trans?

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Moparpoolman on February 02, 2019, 09:04:23 AM
Not original motor, I remember Mike had been looking for it since he had the car.
Believe it was last known in NJ area if I remember correctly.

BS27ROB

Quote from: Moparpoolman on February 02, 2019, 09:04:23 AM

None of the drivetrain is original. I had looked for the engine and trans for years as well. The headers aren't original to the car either, just a pair of hooker headers I gave along with the car when it went to Mike.

hemi-hampton

Nice car. Love the old time 70's look. LEON. :2thumbs: