News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 CHARGER TAIL LIGHT BEZEL "PHOTOS"

Started by BEAPARTS, January 15, 2008, 09:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death1970Proof

Quote from: twenty mike mike on January 17, 2008, 11:36:36 AM
Quote from: Joshua on January 17, 2008, 11:05:07 AM

Kinda like the one year only PONTIAC grill of '69.....Chrysler realized their MISTAKE and went back to a CLEAN grill for '70.... :nana: :icon_smile_big:

All in fun...... :lol:

Notice that the '69 center piece design was used on the E-Body Barracuda for four of the five years...  :nana:

Yep !! because they ran out of ideas  :nana: :smilielol:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

69charger2002

it's because they realized the terrible mistake of 1970. large mouth bass.. lol that about sums it up.  and i LOVE 68's, but man those taillights do look like they were robbed right off a vette
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

resq302

Back on topic, any rough price on the tail light bezels yet?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Lord Warlock

subscribing, i need a set of these bad.  Post up when you start selling them.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

dpm68

Quotedo you think all the '68 charger guys will be lining up to get these to convert their cars over?
Not a chance in Hades.

chargerman68

looks sweet now i just need to find a car too put them on ;)
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: dpm68 on January 23, 2008, 10:22:42 PM
Quotedo you think all the '68 charger guys will be lining up to get these to convert their cars over?
Not a chance in Hades.

only the guys making Daytonas...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Captain D

"Definitely" count me in on a pair!!!  :cheers: This is awesome news!!!

Aaron

Lord Warlock

since they are listed on their website, have to assume they are a regular available item now.  I just wish they weren't so expensive, even if they are nice looking.  Used ones are going for 250 a pair, these are 400 a pair just in case you were looking to find the prices. 399.99 a pair.  Don't suppose we can get a discount can we?   I have my originals, but they are badly pitted, and for some reason warped so they don't fit on the tail light correctly, and stick out more than they should on one side.  I may have to remove them and reinstall just to see if I can get a better fit.  But I still need new pretty chrome ones....sigh, looks like another 400 bucks is going out the door. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 30, 2015, 03:13:17 AM
since they are listed on their website, have to assume they are a regular available item now.  I just wish they weren't so expensive, even if they are nice looking.  Used ones are going for 250 a pair, these are 400 a pair just in case you were looking to find the prices. 399.99 a pair.  Don't suppose we can get a discount can we?   I have my originals, but they are badly pitted, and for some reason warped so they don't fit on the tail light correctly, and stick out more than they should on one side.  I may have to remove them and reinstall just to see if I can get a better fit.  But I still need new pretty chrome ones....sigh, looks like another 400 bucks is going out the door.  

You might want to give this thread a read:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,116275.msg1440579.html#msg1440579

green69rt

Update.

Just talked to Mike at B/E&A.  Doesn't have these bezels in stock and not going to get any more.  Don't know why and don't know why they are still on the website..  Guess I'll check CI or see if I can get mine re chromed.

Mopar Nut

Good luck with CI, they told me it's going to be years before the chrome bezels come out.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

green69rt

Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 28, 2019, 03:18:22 PM
Good luck with CI, they told me it's going to be years before the chrome bezels come out.

Yeah, I saw "back ordered".  But the website says they are taking preorders. :shruggy:

I was  a little desperate so decided to take a longer look at mine.  Got out a polishing wheel on my Dremel tool and they came out surprisingly good.  The chrome still has some pitting, but all the places that I thought were missing chrome turned out to be 50 years of hardened up crud!  Most importantly, the little pegs on the back fit my lenses exactly.  I do need to think about an ear or two broken off but I'm going to use what I got.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

green69rt

Quote from: resq302 on February 28, 2019, 11:24:42 PM
wasnt PG Classics repro'ing these?

Just checked their website.  They do list them but I would call them to make sure they are in stock.  Same part # and word-for-word description.  I would guess they come from B/E&A.  Anyway, my existing ones are going to work.

DixieRestoParts

I think BE&A sold their distribution rights to Herbs parts. You might want to give Herb a call:

PH: (302) 376-8508

contact@herbsparts.com

Good luck!
Randy
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price