News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car Shows

Started by ChargerRT440, May 11, 2006, 05:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyMopar

Ok I will say this.  I entered my 1998 Quad Cab Ram (boy I miss that truck) in a show.  This was an all Mopar show with CATEGORIES.  So I entered in the truck catergory.  I don't care what someone enters in the show, as long as their is a catergory for it, enter it.
Some tips,
Def. clean up the wheel wells, nothing says look at me more than nice black clean wheel wells.
Clean or paint as much of teh exhaust system that shows, nothing is worse than a nice looking shiney vehicle and a rusty exhaust.
Take time to get the rims clean and tires shined.
I have many different products to use and you need to do something about those headlight covers.  I would toss them, but your truck is all black so just use a palstic polish and get them cleaned up.
Glass (nothing nicer than reflections), use Bar Keepers Polish to remove all the oil residue that builds on the windshield and window glass. You can find this in a grocery store in the cleaning aisle, it is a soda can size gold can, powder.  Wet glass, sprinkle on and rub off with cloth. DON'T USE ON PAINT!
Vacuum interior and wipe down the dash with warm soap and water.  I hate armor all on dashboards.

Lastly have fun.  Enter the truck as is if you wish.  I like to enter a clean vehicle as it is good to pamper the paint and everything.  I am always cleaning off and painting the frame, suspension and axles on my Jeep and I take it off road only.  Have fun and congrats  :icon_smile_cool:

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: ChargerRT440 on May 13, 2006, 01:26:34 AM
Thanks to all that replyed with nice comments. to the rest fack off. I'm 17 I'm proud of the truck I'm paying for. And so what if it's not a classic. It's still Mopar it's got a 360 with 250 hp and it's small and light not your typical daily driver pickup truck so whatever. Yeah I'd rather it be a charger but It's what i can afford and what makes me happy so if you don't like it keep your trap shut.
I wasn't going to get into this discussion but when I read this I changed my mind.
ChargerRT440, you asked for input and you got it! Now you're upset that not eveyone responded the way you wanted them to.  :'( Not to be mean and hurt your feelings or anything,  but speaking for myself I personally wouldn't be interested in seeing your pick up at a carshow.  Maybe at a evening cruise-in or something like that but not a regular carshow. But thats me.  I'd suggest you give the show a try and see how well your pickup is received by onlookers. If you have a good time and folks at the show enjoy seeing your pickup then it was worth it.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Brock Samson

i bet Todd would go bonkers over his truck and personally if i saw a subie or any other japanese piece 'o crap at all i'd avert my eyes...  :icon_smile_wink:

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

B5 Charger

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on May 17, 2006, 08:52:49 AM
Thanks to all that replyed with nice comments. to the rest fack off. I'm 17 I'm proud of the truck I'm paying for. And so what if it's not a classic. It's still Mopar it's got a 360 with 250 hp and it's small and light not your typical daily driver pickup truck so whatever. Yeah I'd rather it be a charger but It's what i can afford and what makes me happy so if you don't like it keep your trap shut.
I wasn't going to get into this discussion but when I read this I changed my mind.
ChargerRT440, you asked for input and you got it! Now you're upset that not eveyone responded the way you wanted them to. :'( Not to be mean and hurt your feelings or anything, but speaking for myself I personally wouldn't be interested in seeing your pick up at a carshow. Maybe at a evening cruise-in or something like that but not a regular carshow. But thats me. I'd suggest you give the show a try and see how well your pickup is received by onlookers. If you have a good time and folks at the show enjoy seeing your pickup then it was worth it.

When he first posted on this he wasn't asking for people's opinions as to whether or not he should show the truck.  He wanted to know how best to shine it up and properly display it.  I think the input he is upset about is those who attacked him for even thinking of entering it in the first place.  I think some people saw this thread as an opportunity to attack this kid for wanting to enter his truck in a show because they don't think it's show worthy.  Whether they believe that or not doesn't really matter he didn't ask for their opinion in that regard.  You may think he is a cry baby but in my opinion he has a right to be upset at being attacked for no reason.  So you wouldn't look at his truck at a car show.  Fine point made.  Now can we get back on topic?

As far as displaying your truck I would give it a good cleaning and detailing.  Just make it look nice and enjoy the show.   ;D

Shakey

Quote from: B5 Charger on May 17, 2006, 11:40:17 AM
ChargerRT440, you asked for input and you got it! Now you're upset that not eveyone responded the way you wanted them to. :'( Not to be mean and hurt your feelings or anything, but speaking for myself I personally wouldn't be interested in seeing your pick up at a carshow. Maybe at a evening cruise-in or something like that but not a regular carshow. But thats me. I'd suggest you give the show a try and see how well your pickup is received by onlookers. If you have a good time and folks at the show enjoy seeing your pickup then it was worth it.

When he first posted on this he wasn't asking for people's opinions as to whether or not he should show the truck.  He wanted to know how best to shine it up and properly display it.  I think the input he is upset about is those who attacked him for even thinking of entering it in the first place.  I think some people saw this thread as an opportunity to attack this kid for wanting to enter his truck in a show because they don't think it's show worthy.  Whether they believe that or not doesn't really matter he didn't ask for their opinion in that regard.  You may think he is a cry baby but in my opinion he has a right to be upset at being attacked for no reason.  So you wouldn't look at his truck at a car show.  Fine point made.  Now can we get back on topic?

As far as displaying your truck I would give it a good cleaning and detailing.  Just make it look nice and enjoy the show.   ;D

This is why we have 2223 members and only about 400 active members.  They keep getting chased away by people offering their opinions when they were never asked to offer them in the first place.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Shakey on May 17, 2006, 12:33:18 PM

This is why we have 2223 members and only about 400 active members.  They keep getting chased away by people offering their opinions when they were never asked to offer them in the first place.
Actually Shakey, the same could be said about what you just expressed, which is an "opinion".  That being yours.
I'm not trying to be argumentive here, and if my reply earlier was out of line, then I appoligize to ChargerRT440. But when you take offense so easily then respond with remarks such as "fack off" and "keep your trap shut" , what can you expect. Yes, some replys were a bit harsh in nature and off original topic but this young man may do well to lighten up and learn to laugh stuff like that off.
And just for the record I looked at the photos of his pickup and have to say that I like it.Its a cool pickup! Still feel the same way as I did before as far as seeing it at a car show, but like I said thats me.  And like I said earlier I still think he should do the carshow and see what he thinks about the experience. Gee, that was another one of those darn opinions that no one asked for.
As far as getting back on topic (his original post) some people did have some good advice on prepping and displaying his pickup at the carshow. If I might take the liberty of expressing more opinion of my own, I would suggest that anyone interested in making their vehicle look as good as possible for a carshow pay strict attention to detail, detail, detail!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Shakey

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on May 17, 2006, 01:13:29 PM
Quote from: Shakey on May 17, 2006, 12:33:18 PM

Actually Shakey, the same could be said about what you just expressed, which is an "opinion".  That being yours.
I'm not trying to be argumentive here, and if my reply earlier was out of line, then I appoligize to ChargerRT440. But when you take offense so easily then respond with remarks such as "fack off" and "keep your trap shut" , what can you expect. Yes, some replys were a bit harsh in nature and off original topic but this young man may do well to lighten up and learn to laugh stuff like that off.
And just for the record I looked at the photos of his pickup and have to say that I like it.Its a cool pickup! Still feel the same way as I did before as far as seeing it at a car show, but like I said thats me.  And like I said earlier I still think he should do the carshow and see what he thinks about the experience. Gee, that was another one of those darn opinions that no one asked for.
As far as getting back on topic (his original post) some people did have some good advice on prepping and displaying his pickup at the carshow. If I might take the liberty of expressing more opinion of my own, I would suggest that anyone interested in making their vehicle look as good as possible for a carshow pay strict attention to detail, detail, detail!

I thought of my post as more of a fact, not really an opinion.

Good points though.

charger_lady

I haven't had the pleasure of showing our 69 Charger...YET!! 
I've been using '3M Hand Glaze' on the paint and it comes up like glass. Speedy Auto Glass carries 3M car products. I've asked local detailers/painters what they think of it and was told its the best out there.
I just got one of those California Dusters for quick dusting. I don't know if dusting the car/truck off when you get to the show is proper etiquette since I'm a newbie to the shows...LOL
I'm also using microfibre cloths to clean. They are soft and attract the dust and dirt...great all around cloth.

BTW...sweet truck!!  I can see why you're so proud of it...and you're only 17!!!   Good for you!!!  It's good to see a teenager who has enough responsiblity to get yourself a sweet ride on your own! There are way too many teens who have absolutely no ambition in life!!!  Kudos to you :icon_smile_wink:
Good luck at the show :drive:...let us know how you do!

ChargerRT440

Thankyou to those who have responded with kindness I do take constructive criticism but when a post is an all out bash on my truck then I don't respond well. I mean I'm sorry I casn't afford a Charger but I'm paying for this truck on my own it's rare it's nice and I consider it worthy. I have no idea why this arguement started and I'm reminded of why I stopped coming here before. and no i'm not bashing the site I'm making an observation of certian people attitudes towards other people and their rides. And May I just say I don't really care if you wouldn't want to see my truck at a car show you have no say in whether I show it or not. I was simple only asking how I should make it pretty.

Afflyer

I say SHOW IT OFF!

;)
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

ChargerRT440

well I went and bought all new polish and everything Meguiars tech wax, interior cleaner, the quik detailer stuff for interior and exterior, and tire shine. And I bought a 8 inch polisher should look great afterwards and I've got mothers mag wheel polish for my stock facvtory 17x9 aluminum rims.

mikepmcs

Quote from: ChargerRT440 on May 18, 2006, 04:38:29 PM
well I went and bought all new polish and everything Meguiars tech wax, interior cleaner, the quik detailer stuff for interior and exterior, and tire shine. And I bought a 8 inch polisher should look great afterwards and I've got mothers mag wheel polish for my stock facvtory 17x9 aluminum rims.

polisher is orbital right???
be careful if it ain't you'll be takin off paint in no time on the sharp lines

have fun, i like meguiars stuff too!!!
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ChargerRT440

I cleaned up the interior of the truck today and it looks brand new liker brand spanking new and it looks great. I even sprayed my floor mats  ;D It looks amazing can't wait to do the exterior  ;D
Yep polisher is orbital shoud work great

70kracken

do you think people would say the rude things they say if they were in person?  probably not!  some people are pieces of sh*t, not mentioning any red67chargers or anything.  show the truck, take it dirty if you want, hang underwear from the rear view, it's yours, set it up how you would like to see another one!
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

Arthu®

Post some pics when you are done cleaning, should look great. You shouldn't stop coming around because of what some jerk on the i-net says. It's a car show and unless it is restricted as something like classic, mopar, chevy, corvette, charger or whatever your truck isn't you should take it if you feel like it. That's what the show is for and really if only those with 100% perfect restored, customised cars could be shown you would only have a 4 or 5 car show and those wouldn't be fun at all. I enjoy all the cars at a show because they are someone else his pride and joy. I may not always like the model or what he or she did to the car but they are proud to show it and well I enjoy watching cars and see different tastes in them. Unless it's one of them aweful red 67 Chargers, those are just plain ugly. J/K hope you enjoy the truck and show.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

ChargerRT440

Well seeing as I got invited to a charity car show I think my truck is plenty nice  :icon_smile_big: And sorry if I sound like I'm bragging for me pride and bragging arn't much different lol

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

I don't understand why people get all excited about what gets entered in car shows. Usually the odd stuff only makes up maybe 5% of the participants anyway. When I see weird stuff, such as a beat up '89 Dodge pickup or a 2004 minivan (yes I've seen them at car shows), I figure someone basically just paid the entry fee so they wouldn't have to walk a mile to their car when the show is over. Those cras definitely don't take anything away from a Charger or Challenger. But then I really don't understand the trophy hunt mindset either. I sometimes doubt I'll ever enter my car in a show when I get it done because I'd rather just walk around and visit. But then that's where the mile walk back to the car comes into play. ;D

ChargerRT440

I finished polishing just now that bigger wheel has a much better coverage and I get it done quicker. I cleaned off the mothers wax and applied Mequiars and it looks so much deeper now I love it. I cleaned the interior and sprayed everything in cleaner it looks brand new now. I'll post pictures probably on wednesday if I can get the camera. I might clean the motor dunno about that yet. Gonna buy the Power Ball from mothers to make cleaning my rims easier. Gonna put new rubber on the rear in 2 weeks. Hopefully they will last longer then the last set that was on when I bought it  :drive:

41husk

So when is your big debut?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

ChargerRT440

June 3rd at the Knights Of Columbus chairty car show. it's the 5th annual and it's for a good cause so I'm entering I'll take lots of pics for all you guys out there.

41husk

good luck! as long as you have a good time thats all that matters.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

ChargerRT440

Thanks Husk. I will have fun. And as far as everyone else is concerned I like my truck your opinions i have heard and I listen and even tho many wouldn't want to see my truck at a show I don't care thats your opinion my trucks a rare truck I like it thats all that matters to me. It's in an almost mint condition but it's got it's share of owies from daily driverhood. I know my truck wouldn't fetch as much as a charger but I don't care. it's what I can afford to make payments on.

Chris G.

:bump: What's the 411?