News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Storing paint?

Started by b5blue, April 05, 2019, 10:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Storing single stage urethane (For touch ups/repairs.) that comes in a gallon can yet has 3/4 gallon when new? So I'm wanting to store what is left after shooting a few patches. Any tips or ideas other than just hoping it's okay in the can.  :shruggy:

Birdflu

Sealed, cool and dry is what the doctor ordered. Though outside any mfg recommended use, I've had properly sealed and stored paint last up to 10-12 years in the can.  :Twocents:

JerseyJoe

Quote from: Birdflu on April 05, 2019, 11:47:21 AM
Sealed, cool and dry is what the doctor ordered. Though outside any mfg recommended use, I've had properly sealed and stored paint last up to 10-12 years in the can.  :Twocents:

X2 My Paint was stored for 5 years before I finished the entire car. Just shake it a lot longer than you would normally.

John Milner

Quote from: b5blue on April 05, 2019, 10:58:38 AM
Storing single stage urethane (For touch ups/repairs.) that comes in a gallon can yet has 3/4 gallon when new? So I'm wanting to store what is left after shooting a few patches. Any tips or ideas other than just hoping it's okay in the can.  :shruggy:

Last year I used some old Dupont Centari that was dated 1991.  It had been sealed tight in the can inside of a shop.  The shop wasn't heated or cooled.  I stirred it up very good and it laid out perfectly.  I think the key is making sure the can is sealed tight.