News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

California DMV Records ?

Started by Challenger340, May 12, 2019, 10:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Anybody know what information is available from California DMV if a title search is initiated on a '69 Charger ? or if that's even possible in California ? Do records go back that far ?    

NOT looking for any personal information from Ca DMV as I understand privacy laws I think ? just curious as to what CAN BE HAD from Ca DMV(if anything) from anyone who has tried ?

Thx
Only wimps wear Bowties !

wingcarenvy

Certain people (i.e. DMV service or tow company) can do a history search but you won't receive any of the info. Or at least you're not supposed to. The CA DMV doesn't have anything before they went to computer records which was around 2007 I think. There are tons of microfiche in Sacramento but good luck getting that info. The CA DMV is the most horrible institution in the history of the USA. Poorly run and no one really knows much of anything. What kind of info are you looking for?

Challenger340

Quote from: wingcarenvy on May 12, 2019, 12:20:20 PM
Certain people (i.e. DMV service or tow company) can do a history search but you won't receive any of the info. Or at least you're not supposed to. The CA DMV doesn't have anything before they went to computer records which was around 2007 I think. There are tons of microfiche in Sacramento but good luck getting that info. The CA DMV is the most horrible institution in the history of the USA. Poorly run and no one really knows much of anything. What kind of info are you looking for?

I'm looking to verify a Vehicles/VIN first Registered/Plated in Ca and hopefully what City in 1969 ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

John_Kunkel

If you are the current registered owner of a car, you can apply for all the records DMV has but, generally, anything over five years of inactivity has been purged from the system.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/online/vrr
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 12, 2019, 12:32:05 PM
Quote from: wingcarenvy on May 12, 2019, 12:20:20 PM

I'm looking to verify a Vehicles/VIN first Registered/Plated in Ca and hopefully what City in 1969 ?

That won't happen. They don't give out any info from history unless its your history.

twenty mike mike

Three years ago, or so, I tried that for my car and paid the $5 that CA DMV charges for a car's history. For that I got the current license plate number and the previous one.

I tried the same thing through AAA just last week, at the counter, so I could explain what I wanted, and see the actual result. The record went aaaallllll the way back to 2012 (when I bought the car) and showed the license plate number that was on the car then, and the one that's on there now.

Everything else has been purged.

If you find another way to get a full history, I'm all ears.

MrBrown562

I have tried this but it is a big No! Due to the shooting actress Rebecca Schaeffer in the doorway of her Fairfax district home. Access to DMV records has been restricted due to killer going to DMV with her plate and receiving her home info.