News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Quote from: smithenhiven on September 22, 2019, 10:56:12 PMLet me see if I'm following this correctly.

Before you created this thread, the cars were relatively unknown, and that's how you prefered it.

Yet a major reason for never selling them over the years was to keep the bragging rights that comes with owning them, and your desire to stay in the game.

But then you claim a major mistake was not selling when presented with a large offer after letting them sit for 40 years.

May I ask, what "game" is it that you think you're playing?  Sounds to me like it's nothing more than mind games.  Keeping these cars squirreled away for 40 years and not telling anyone about them other than some random collectors who catch wind, only to reject all offers because you want to preserve bragging rights just seems foolish.

Lets be real, you've done nothing with these cars in 40 years other than store them, and it's even a struggle to get the garage door open to begin doing anything with them.  Sell them and move on, and you can brag to everyone who will listen that you used to own a trio of mopar holy grails.  Heck, you can probably even sell your story to a production company who can make a mini series out of it.  "Follow along as we do all the work to help bring this elderly lesbian couple's rare Mopar Muscle cars out of hibernation, and prep the cars to be sold at the next Meccum Auction".

Great points made, Sir.
I don't like to see innocent people get bashed but I also have no tolerance for a "Drama Queen". It is partly because of that that I vote a certain way. I base my votes on common sense, not emotion.
I have a short fuse for people that thrive on controversy and drama to get attention. Be a man, clear the garage out, clean up the cars and put them up for sale OR
Quit jerking everyone off by dragging this out.

62 Max

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 22, 2019, 11:14:16 PM
Quote from: smithenhiven on September 22, 2019, 10:56:12 PMLet me see if I'm following this correctly.

Before you created this thread, the cars were relatively unknown, and that's how you prefered it.

Yet a major reason for never selling them over the years was to keep the bragging rights that comes with owning them, and your desire to stay in the game.

But then you claim a major mistake was not selling when presented with a large offer after letting them sit for 40 years.

May I ask, what "game" is it that you think you're playing?  Sounds to me like it's nothing more than mind games.  Keeping these cars squirreled away for 40 years and not telling anyone about them other than some random collectors who catch wind, only to reject all offers because you want to preserve bragging rights just seems foolish.

Lets be real, you've done nothing with these cars in 40 years other than store them, and it's even a struggle to get the garage door open to begin doing anything with them.  Sell them and move on, and you can brag to everyone who will listen that you used to own a trio of mopar holy grails.  Heck, you can probably even sell your story to a production company who can make a mini series out of it.  "Follow along as we do all the work to help bring this elderly lesbian couple's rare Mopar Muscle cars out of hibernation, and prep the cars to be sold at the next Meccum Auction".

Great points made, Sir.
I don't like to see innocent people get bashed but I also have no tolerance for a "Drama Queen". It is partly because of that that I vote a certain way. I base my votes on common sense, not emotion.
I have a short fuse for people that thrive on controversy and drama to get attention. Be a man, clear the garage out, clean up the cars and put them up for sale OR
Quit jerking everyone off by dragging this out.

At least when this is finished you will know all you will ever need to know about garage doors !! :image_294343:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 62 Max on September 23, 2019, 06:23:49 AM

At least when this is finished you will know all you will ever need to know about garage doors !! :image_294343:

I'm getting the impression that Chris is the kind of person who prefers to bitch about problems for all eternity rather than just solving problems. What happened to the hundred fifty buck fix from 2 weeks ago? 

chaaargerb

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 22, 2019, 11:14:16 PM

Great points made, Sir.
Quit jerking everyone off .

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
                                                        If that ain't the Kettle calling the pot Black

stripedelete

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 22, 2019, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 22, 2019, 05:30:18 PM

Hi Daytona,                   22 September 2019

Here we are, the last day of summer. Can't believe almost 3 quarters of this year has passed by.

I can't believe that nearly 4 months have gone by since this thread started and the garage door repair/replacement, which has been a problem for years, is still being talked about ad nauseam

I can't believe 20 pages and not a single tranny pun.   
Where's Richard Cranium when you need him?

A383Wing

this thread and the owners of these cars has been the biggest train wreck of the forum to date.....all this knowledge that the owners claim to have, and a simple little garage door issue is pages long...with no end in sight

KInda reminds me of the old Jerry Springer shows....

However, it does get interesting to see what kind of stories "he/she/it/them" come up with next to keep this thread alive

Bryan

ACUDANUT

Quote from: A383Wing on September 23, 2019, 04:01:16 PM
this thread and the owners of these cars has been the biggest train wreck of the forum to date.....all this knowledge that the owners claim to have, and a simple little garage door issue is pages long...with no end in sight

KInda reminds me of the old Jerry Springer shows....

However, it does get interesting to see what kind of stories "he/she/it/them" come up with next to keep this thread alive

Bryan

Yeah, that 150.00 repair job is a ass kicker. 3 months and it can't fix or repair a garage door. Drama queers.
Best of luck. Have a great day. Rainbow kisses. :pity:

BeatersRus

solid steel foot thick with large metal gears and only opens if the magic word is uttered  :brickwall:

sooo um,
garage door not fixed yet?
check
cars flat tires not fixed yet?
check
members made many offers to help free the cars?
check.
members made offers to buy said cars?
check.
cars still have swapped around motors?
check
drama central still in progress?
check !!

the jerry springer comments are pretty accurate
the whole thread also reminds me of this newhart episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2H-9OmErYQ

aerolith

Yep, its a train wreck thread from day ONE! :eek2:

But we are all full of admiration and fearfulness in equal amounts when owning rare Mopar!
Once your (so called) friends (trolls) find out you own a super-rare Mopar 'Nascar', they seem to change?
Some Folks come around for a looksee and others come to poke holes... :poke:
Then the comments start, you ain't got the money or the tools to do this car, let me take it off your hands... :scratchchin:
Are you sure its a 'real' one, that fender tag looks kinda 'funky'
Why is the Title saying its an XS R/T and the fender-tag says XX?

Then there's the block, its says XS too... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

This car is a fake, you have been robbed 'my good friend', this is TWO cars rolled into one. :sarcasmalert:

So I say to them '' it don't matter anyways'' as 69-R/T's are worth more than C500 anyways lol... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

When I bought my C500 15 years ago I had a pile of 'Mopar-mates', now I don't have any!

What could have happened to upset them all??? :'( :'( :'(

Jealousy is a terrible thing... :eyes:

XX fendertag, is the 'KING of TAGS'!                                                                    (keep your friends close and your enemies closer still) ET TU BRUTE. :2guns:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

held1823

their cars, their story.  some of you act like you have some kind of right to be kept up to date.
guess what? you don't

the owner is 79 years old. the cars are not their biggest priority in life.
satisfying strangers in this thread is almost certainly at the bottom of that list

there is one person commenting that should be banned. another that was banned before.
and more than one "regular" that normally doesn't show their ass like is happening here.
don't like the owner or the lack of progress? don't believe the story?
there's a simple solution. don't bother with following the thread.
it would be 1/3 the length it is, without all of the bitching and hateful comments
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Talkiemoparjr

Quote from: held1823 on October 01, 2019, 05:28:08 AM
their cars, their story.  some of you act like you have some kind of right to be kept up to date.
guess what? you don't

satisfying strangers in this thread is almost certainly at the bottom of that list

there is one person commenting that should be banned. another that was banned before.
and more than one "regular" that normally doesn't show their ass like is happening here.
don't like the owner or the lack of progress? don't believe the story?  :iagree: :bow: :punkrocka:
it would be 1/3 the length it is, without all of the bitching and hateful comments

:2thumbs:

Redbird

The personal personal attacks and bullying displayed here lately are awful and unwarranted. Just no way to be to others.

alfaitalia

I agree .....I knew this thread would go this way right from the start....see my post on the first page.....that said the OP does herself no favours either....Im not saying she deserved it.....but she did not exactly help. Im off again to watch for another 20 pages or so!! :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

JB400

Quote from: Redbird on October 01, 2019, 07:02:25 AM
The personal personal attacks and bullying displayed here lately are awful and unwarranted. Just no way to be to others.
I agree.  If they want to do so, there's another place for it:  https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/trouble-over-at-dodgecharger-com.179551/

alfaitalia

To be fair....although Im not a member over there....at least they don't take everything QUITE so seriously!! :rofl:

HANDM

Quote from: held1823 on October 01, 2019, 05:28:08 AM
guess what? you don't

don't like the owner or the lack of progress? don't believe the story?

Well Said :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

Nice Cars.   :2thumbs: Once I win the Lottery I'll be right over to buy them. Unfortunately it looks like the Haters in here chased them away. And it's always the same instigators :shruggy: :slap:

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on October 01, 2019, 08:50:41 AM
To be fair....although Im not a member over there....at least they don't take everything QUITE so seriously!! :rofl:

Yep....Good Moderators and a good sense of humor.

Aero426

Quote from: Redbird on October 01, 2019, 07:02:25 AM

Could not agree more.    Sorry to see the same instigators have spread the hate (and jealousy) to another Mopar site.     

I'll summarize the jealousy part:   A buddy of mine was recently asked by a wheeler dealer to throw out a price on a car he owns.    He shot a little high.    The guy asking him about it says,  "Well, that's pretty high".      My good friend responds, "Well, that's because you don't own it."      :cheers:

held1823

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 02, 2019, 01:55:52 AM

if you find some of the bullshit being said here to be "humorous", you are definitely part of the problem

but you already knew that, didn't you...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

alfaitalia

....or we may just have a sense of humour, not be a snowdrop and realise that life is too short to take most things too seriously and be offended by everything else.....

.....and its possible to do these things without being a racist or bigot or sexist. I am none of those things....Id hate to steal work from Donald Trump or Boris Johnson!!! .....I just enjoy a laugh.

alfaitalia

JB400

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 02, 2019, 01:55:52 AM

I'll agree for the most part. I can almost always tell when the Toolman has been there. FABO is run better imo.