News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 02, 2019, 12:57:13 AM
Nice Cars.   :2thumbs: Once I win the Lottery I'll be right over to buy them. Unfortunately it looks like the Haters in here chased them away. And it's always the same instigators :shruggy: :slap:

Hi Hemi-Hampton,                    02 October 2019

Ah, we're still here; just been watching the show. We appreciate the support shown by the nice folks on this site. Those that have an axe to grind, they can go ahead and grind all they want; they're just peeing into the wind. Doesn't bother us and we aren't going anywhere, we like it here.

Besides, we like everyone here, even the ones that like to grind their axes.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Kern Dog

Quote from: held1823 on October 02, 2019, 09:32:52 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on October 02, 2019, 01:55:52 AM
Quote from: alfaitalia on October 01, 2019, 08:50:41 AM
To be fair....although Im not a member over there....at least they don't take everything QUITE so seriously!! :rofl:

Yep....Good Moderators and a good sense of humor.

if you find some of the bullshit being said here to be "humorous", you are definitely part of the problem

but you already knew that, didn't you...

I have encountered people like you my entire life....Self -important boreholes that never know how to have a good time.  :hah:
I laugh and enjoy life. I tease and joke. I play pranks on friends and expect to get them in return. I am NOT easily offended and often laugh and smile when others are. I cracked up when watching the faces of the losers that voted the wrong way in 2016. That shit was funny as hell.
I have not read everything in this thread so I cannot comment on all of it.
The meme below fits me though:

held1823

i doubt you've ever met anyone like me, but this thread isn't about me. you can save the b/s regarding me for fbbo, where it has already started.

i was not referencing you specifically in the comment that triggered you, and you mentioned that you hadn't read this entire thread.

take time to do so and if you still think all of the comments here are ok and/or all in fun, you could just be part of the problem. there's a big difference between having a laugh and spreading homophobic hate, which ironically wouldn't even apply here since, as the ones spreading it point out. the situation involves a male/female couple. i don't necessarily approve of the lifestyle, either, but some have taken it over the line. fbbo may be fine with that, but it has no place here.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

62 Max

Quote from: held1823 on October 03, 2019, 09:32:20 AM
i doubt you've ever met anyone like me, but this thread isn't about me. you can save the b/s regarding me for fbbo, where it has already started.

i was not referencing you specifically in the comment that triggered you, and you mentioned that you hadn't read this entire thread.

take time to do so and if you still think all of the comments here are ok and/or all in fun, you could just be part of the problem. there's a big difference between having a laugh and spreading homophobic hate, which ironically wouldn't even apply here since, as the ones spreading it point out. the situation involves a male/female couple. i don't necessarily approve of the lifestyle, either, but some have taken it over the line. fbbo may be fine with that, but it has no place here.

Looks like you have a lot of what others don't,common sense !                        1

Lennard

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/trouble-over-at-dodgecharger-com.179551/

The same keyboard warriors that love to hate on people on fbbo are doing the same thing here now. Some even joined this forum just to add to the bullshit in this thread. Lots of their replies have been modified already, most likely to avoid a forum ban.
I hope that Troy or a moderator will read through this topic and take appropriate action.

timmycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 02, 2019, 10:38:20 PM
Quote from: held1823 on October 02, 2019, 09:32:52 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on October 02, 2019, 01:55:52 AM
Quote from: alfaitalia on October 01, 2019, 08:50:41 AM
To be fair....although Im not a member over there....at least they don't take everything QUITE so seriously!! :rofl:

Yep....Good Moderators and a good sense of humor.

if you find some of the bullshit being said here to be "humorous", you are definitely part of the problem

but you already knew that, didn't you...

I have encountered people like you my entire life....Self -important boreholes that never know how to have a good time.  :hah:
I laugh and enjoy life. I tease and joke. I play pranks on friends and expect to get them in return. I am NOT easily offended and often laugh and smile when others are. I cracked up when watching the faces of the losers that voted the wrong way in 2016. That shit was funny as hell.
I have not read everything in this thread so I cannot comment on all of it.
The meme below fits me though:

Actually, NOW the meme fits you ..... make that 3 reactions  :nana: :hah:

aerolith

Quote of the YEAR from B-Bods, ''Trannies with Hemi's''!

Well most Hemi's come with Trannies but some come with GEARBOX'es, not sure which is more PC... :slap:

Yep dangling a Hemi Daytona out for 'us' wannabee's, was sure gonna upset some Folks.

Already got my 'NEXT-LIFE' bucket list sorted.
When the Folks in the 70's all park their Aero-cars in the backyard, scrapyard, junkyard etc., BUY THEM ALL UP!!! :cheers: :drool5: :2thumbs:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

BeatersRus

heres the lowest mileage 426 4 speed daytona i could find and one of the nicest in the world,.
it brought 900k.
all of his cars pretty much set the mark for our cars in the market because he had the lowest miles,the nicest specimens.
knowing this,what do you feel the daytona here is actually worth?

also,i enjoyed the few stories told about the cars.
wondering if theres any more,while we wait for the door of doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhanWvpHGu8

Posted by: Lennard
The same keyboard warriors that love to hate on people on fbbo are doing the same thing here now. Some even joined this forum just to add to the bullshit in this thread. Lots of their replies have been modified already, most likely to avoid a forum ban.
I hope that Troy or a moderator will read through this topic and take appropriate action.

thats a lotta spewage there and tbh,arent you banned from fbbo for being a udder nutter?
for doing exactly what you claim us new people are doing?
least thats whats posted over there.

also,i joined because it was reported to me that the moparlady had started over here right after being thrown off of fbbo.
it was myself who told the rest of them that it Wasnt moparlady,it wasnt a woman who was typing and the cars were probably real.
i was right about all of it.
incidentally,ive been reading this forum for years,just never joined before.
and,im not about to say sorry for asking normal sensible logical questions.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: BeatersRus on October 13, 2019, 08:15:27 AM
heres the lowest mileage 426 4 speed daytona i could find and one of the nicest in the world,.
it brought 900k.
all of his cars pretty much set the mark for our cars in the market because he had the lowest miles,the nicest specimens.
knowing this,what do you feel the daytona here is actually worth?

also,i enjoyed the few stories told about the cars.
wondering if theres any more,while we wait for the door of doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhanWvpHGu8

thats a lotta spewage there and tbh,arent you banned from fbbo for being a udder nutter?

also,i joined because it was reported to me that the moparlady had started over here right after being thrown off of fbbo.
it was myself who told the rest of them that it Wasnt moparlady,it wasnt a woman who was typing and the cars were probably real.
i was right about all of it.
incidentally,ive been reading this forum for years,just never joined before.
and,im not about to say sorry for asking normal sensible logical questions.

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

426HemiChick

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 13, 2019, 11:54:13 AM
Can't imagine why people are leaving this site.  :smilielol:

Hi Moparz,                        13 October 2019

We're still around; not going to let uncouth folks run us off. We have been accused of posting on our thread just to bring it to the top. Well, we can't be accused of that today; couldn't find it at first as the last time we looked for it, it was at the bottom of the heap.

There are a lot of really nice folks here, and then there are a few clowns that spew venom. Those spewing the venom try to ruin it for everyone else. Hate is such a waste of energy.

That said, we have no plans on leaving this site and we harbor no ill will towards those that are filled with hate, a self defeating behavior. Eventually, they may realize they are wasting their time and energy; hopefully, before it's too late.

For those of you who have watched our backs and have defended us, we owe you a debt of gratitude, Thank You.

Take care everyone.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                     13 October 2019

Need a little help with a problem we have with the Daytona. The main bolt for the alternator bracket was broken before we bought the car. It had a piece of "All-thread" in its place. What we recently found is the broken piece of the original bolt is still in the head. All they did was stick the all-thread into the head hole and bolted it all up. Well, the all-thread was "wallering" around in the shallow portion of the threaded hole. I have a feeling the alternator bracket broken bolt was a problem on big block Mopars. Bold = edited for clarity 13 Oct 19

Whether it was or not, what would you experts do to get the broken portion of the bolt out of the head? I've used "easy-outs" before but this isn't an easily accessible broken bolt. None of it is protruding from the bolt hole. And once out, what should be done about the wallered out portion of the bolt hole?

Thanks in advance for your help.

On another note, the door was fixed Friday, 11 October 2019. They charged us more than the estimate of $150.00; came to $151.01 with tax. The tech installed 10 HD SS Rollers, 5 per side, with sealed bearings and extra long axel shafts. Works like a charm. It was nice seeing it open all the way for the first time in about 12 years. As soon as the door went up, the Daytona started shaking. She must have thought she was going to get out for a romp around the block. She got over it when the door came down.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

6bblgt

if the ultimate goal is to sell the cars - do not do anything more than making them accessible & mobile :Twocents:  it won't help, but may harm

white

You can get a center punch pin and try to tap on the bolt with small hammer going counterclockwise but not to hard to deform bolt, if that does not work you can drill a hole in center of the bolt and use a easy out tool to get bolt out. Once bolt is out run a tap in the hole then clean out hole. Need to put anti seize on new bolt and torque per Manufacturer specs. You can YouTube it online. Hope this helps you.

Lennard

Quote from: BeatersRus on October 13, 2019, 08:15:27 AM

Banned from fbbo? I've never been a member there... and I never will be. Lots of tough talk by some old guys from behind their computer, like a bunch of teenage drama girls.

odcics2

Maybe real screen names and addresses in the user profile would solve some "problems"?

Heard that a few sites had to do it to get rid of "name calling"!   :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Lennard

Quote from: odcics2 on October 14, 2019, 11:49:43 AM

Maybe real screen names and addresses in the user profile would solve some "problems"?

Heard that a few sites had to do it to get rid of "name calling"!   :smilielol:
Calling me Lenturd doesn't hurt my feelings. It's just something I would expect from a toddler, not from an old guy.

426HemiChick

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 14, 2019, 01:50:58 AM
if the ultimate goal is to sell the cars - do not do anything more than making them accessible & mobile :Twocents:  it won't help, but may harm

Quote from: white on October 14, 2019, 04:26:09 AM
You can get a center punch pin and try to tap on the bolt with small hammer going counterclockwise but not to hard to deform bolt, if that does not work you can drill a hole in center of the bolt and use a easy out tool to get bolt out. Once bolt is out run a tap in the hole then clean out hole. Need to put anti seize on new bolt and torque per Manufacturer specs. You can YouTube it online. Hope this helps you.

Hi 6bblgt, white,                      14 October 2019

Thanks for the great replies and advice. Considering our goals for the cars, we have decided 6bblgt's advice is best for our situation. I have done this before, and I was successful. I also have had an easy-out break; they cannot be drilled out under normal circumstances. A good restorer should be able to handle this, especially if they are doing a complete restoration.

Yes 6bblgt, you hit the nail on the head. In the process of getting these cars mobile, I, Christine, have found that I no longer have the physical capabilities I had just last year, nor do I have the fire in my belly I had in the late 60's - early 70's. So we have decided to sell them. When we have them posted For Sale, we'll also post it here on this site.

We thank both of you for your advice.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Mopar_Dude

With the drivetrains swapped around, assume it will be a 3 car bundled sale?

426HemiChick

Quote from: Mopar_Dude on October 14, 2019, 02:55:55 PM
With the drivetrains swapped around, assume it will be a 3 car bundled sale?

Hi Mopar_Dude,                       14 October 2019

Yes, you are correct; that would be the ideal sale.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

hemi-hampton

With the Garage Door finally fixed (congrats) I say push them out in the open & take some pics. Would love to see them in Natural outdoor lighting.  :o  LEON.

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 15, 2019, 09:48:50 PM
With the Garage Door finally fixed (congrats) I say push them out in the open & take some pics. Would love to see them in Natural outdoor lighting.  :o  LEON.

Hi LEON,                    16 October 2019

I hear you LEON; it would be easy to roll the Daytona out. Putting it back in would be a major project. I was able to back it in the last time it was out, 20 or so years ago.

There's no way I will attempt to start it do to the possibility of a fuel line rupture and fire. Not worth the risk. The cars are precariously close to each other and there is no way I could push it back in. They will come out when they are sold and ready to move to their new home. We'll take pictures then.

Thank for your post and thoughts.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Moparpoolman

what is the asking price for each car? and all three cars together?

taxspeaker

Back to the alternator bolt question.
If it is broken off in the alternator (sorry, don't remember) I have had good luck with the following::

Put alternator in vise with the broken bolt hole in the "up" position and spray penetrating oil or Wd-40 equivalent, let it sit for 2-3 days. Then heat it lightly with a torch-careful around the insides. After completely cooled down the next day repeat. the process. Then try to remove the broken bolt.

If its in the block, not so much luck, but I would try a similar route. Good luck-The broken alternator and power steering bolts are the biggest pains in the rear broken bolts out there.
Bob