News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

Quote from: BeatersRus on June 07, 2019, 02:39:01 AM
ty for uploading the pic of a fender tag.
also,ty for the explanation of your cars current status.

as we have tried to explain before,there are a few members who never seem to be able to find actual pictures of their cars.
for example > this guy here  :hah:
( right Jb? i see you are over here as well,with 25k posts and no pics of any actual owned cars Again!! :smilielol: )

im not sure why you were so snarky towards the op whose post you initially started on btw.
it is kind of rude to bag someone elses thread.
i read his thread as well and i can totally understand him not wanting confusion and it was confusing.

i am Glad that you realize that a lot of us would like to see the cars,in any condition.
some stories rock,some stories suck,but without pics,its all fiction.
cant call it pulp fiction,as its the Net,but you get the drift.
cheers.

btw,i keep thinking about this 87 police interceptor you have.
please correct me if im wrong,but that would have been a fox mustang with heavy duty springs and no airbags?
these were considered pursuit vehicles only,as i recall??
The 1986-1988 SSP Mustang Package Included:

5.0L Engine
    Automatic Or 5 Speed Manual Transmission Options
    8.8 Rear End
    Calibrated Certified Speedometer (140 mph)
    2 Piece VASCAR Speedometer Cable
    Single-Key Locking (One Key Fits All VS Dual Keys)
    Fuel Size Spare Tire
    Radio Noise Suppression Package
    Relocated Deck Lid Release
    Air Deflector, Lower Front Radiator
    135 Amp Alternator
    Silicone Hoses
    Front Disc Brake Rotor Shields
    Reinforced Front Floor Pan
    Aircraft Type Radiator/Heater Hose Clamps
    Heater Hose Inlet Restrictor
    Automatic Transmission External Oil Cooler (1988)
    HD 15x7 Steel Wheels (1985-1986)
    Optional Blackout 15x7 Cast Wheels (1987-1988)
    Cast Aluminum 10 Hole 15x7 Wheels (1987-1988)
    Engine/Trunk Compartment Light (1986-1988)
    Kevlar Drive Belts (1986-1988)
    HD Belt Tensioner
    Transistorized Voltage Regulator (1986-1988)
    Unique Fan Clutch

Sounds like a cool car.

Hey - Maybe 426HemiChick(s) can post some pics of their Police Mustang, while we wait for Daytona pics!   :coolgleamA:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

as we have tried to explain before,there are a few members who never seem to be able to find actual pictures of their cars.
for example > this guy here  :hah:
( right Jb? i see you are over here as well,with 25k posts and no pics of any actual owned cars Again!! :smilielol: )

im not sure why you were so snarky towards the op whose post you initially started on btw.
i read his thread as well and i can totally understand him not wanting confusion and it was confusing.

i am Glad that you realize that a lot of us would like to see the cars,in any condition.
cheers.

please correct me if im wrong,but that would have been a fox mustang with heavy duty springs and no airbags?

5.0L Engine
   8.8 Rear End
   Fuel Size Spare Tire
   135 Amp Alternator
   Silicone Hoses
   HD Belt Tensioner
   Unique Fan Clutch

I've posted here, and other sites as well, just not FBBO. Be careful which wagon you jump on

moparstuart

Welcome  , Great story  !   Dont let the Ass holes here run you off     
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Birdflu

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 07, 2019, 12:43:08 AM
Hi Moparpoolman, Birdflu,                                  06 June 2019

We know it sounds like a simple task, which it should be under normal circumstances. The last time we attempted to open the door it was almost all the way up when the rollers jumped out of the track. We stopped the door and pulled it part way down, got the rollers back in the track and put it down permanently. Have you ever tried to get an overhead door company to work on a door while there are cars in the garage? Won't happen.

What happens when cars sit for 40 years on their tires? Those tires deteriorate and go flat. Our plan is to dismantle the door from the top down and trash it. Once the door is out of the way we can bring the Daytona out; she is in the middle. After she's out the other two can be jacked up and moved towards the center then moved outside. Once all three cars are out the old tracks and associated door hardware be removed and junked; a new light weight door will then be installed.

Next, the cars will get cleaned up, new weenies and jack stands for all four corners. Then It's back in the garage for another ?? years.

We will get you pictures, it'll just take more time than we had hoped. We're not about to risk putting that door up and having it come crashing down on the cars. It's a heavy old wooden door and would do irreparable damage.

So that's it in a nutshell.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Good Morning!
I guess I'll jump out on a limb and assume the service door also cannot be opened as it is being blocked by one of the cars???  :shruggy:

70 sublime

Good Morning!
I guess I'll jump out on a limb and assume the service door also cannot be opened as it is being blocked by one of the cars???  :shruggy:

How did they get fender tag picture then ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BeatersRus

please excuse me briefly while i reply to this on your Topic Hemichicks:

Quote from: JB400 on June 07, 2019, 08:52:40 AM

I've posted here, and other sites as well, just not FBBO. Be careful which wagon you jump on
so,i even took your advice and checked out your 25k replies,because i wouldnt want to be unfair.
im not on anyones wagon,which you clearly havent noticed over on fbbo.
i tend to agree with the logical people and like to provide tech and help to people.
all i do is take in everything process it and use logic.
first i looked for a member album,or resto album,or hey this is my car album,but found..nothing.
after scanning your posts,closest thing i found to an actual car was this.

That's where I'm at with my 69.  I was wanting a father/son project with my car, but my dad wasn't interested.  I still have the car and am saving money and parts with hopes of getting it on  the road soon.  Maybe someday, it will be a father/son project, just with my own kid.

that was posted in 2012...you do realize,that with the hundreds of thousands of posts you have made over the various forums,
by now you could have rebuilt the entire car instead of lurking around all these forums doing word memes and increasing your post counts... :icon_smile_question:
just a thought...and perhaps thats another explanation as to why so few believe what you say.
there is  no offense intended,im just pointing out what others see.

we now return you to our regularly scheduled program,Cars in Barns,with our new Hosts,the hemi chicks.
And,if this story turns out to be True,it Will be a great story...esp when they get rescued from the garage.
looking forwards to more progress and ty for sharing with us @ the Chicks.

62 Max

So here you have  It!!!  ::)

So that's it in a nutshell.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                     07 June 2019

The fender tag For the Daytona was the easiest to get to, it is parked in the middle facing out. It was the last car in. We backed it in under its own power. Once in the garage I climbed out the passenger window, rolled the window up with my arm through the vent wing window. Yes it was difficult but I managed. We then closed the vent.

Looking into the garage from the door, the Super Beer is on the left nose in, about 10 inches to the right is the Daytona facing out. To the far right is the Road Runner facing out. Its about 5 inches to the right of the Daytona.

The space between the 6-PK and the Daytona is enough for us to walk through sideways. When we get to the front there is enough room to maneuver but not enough room to do much. There is enough room in front of the Daytona to get to the engine because the nose is off (splained in an earlier post) and currently resting on the RR's protected hood. We were able to get to the Daytona's tag easier than we can the other two cars. If you remember, the 6-PK has a lift off hood. 50 years ago it was no big deal for either of us to lift it off by ourselves. We're tough old broads but not as tough as we used to be. We no longer fight with our fists, too old for that. We now use our trigger fingers, which work quite well and saves energy.

Don't let your panties get in a wad, leave that to us. We will get pictures and post them in due time. We do have lives and many other things to do.

Here's another tidbit. The Road Runner was purchased from Westside Chrysler Plymouth in Akron, Ohio April 1968. The Super Bee was special ordered from Falls Dodge. Was delivered around April of 1969. The Daytona was used and bought from the original owner somewhere south of Akron and close to Ohio Rt 3. The Cuda was bought used within a week or two of the Daytona; don't remember which was first, though I think the Daytona was first. The Cuda was bought in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio from a UPS employee who bought it from Ray Thomas Chrysler Plymouth in the Falls.

Sitting here writing about these cars brings back a lot of memories, some great and others not so. It's the 50 years that seem to have flown by unnoticed .... until we started posting. Fortunately, my Girlfriend is younger than me and will be here long after I'm gone. She loves the cars and will do what's best for them and Her.

To answer the post regarding our Police Mustang. They are Fleet purchases; a lot of the things that were listed in his post are optional, pick and choose, same with the P71 Crown Vic's.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

alfaitalia

LOL......I was, at least, being more subtle about it.......I will reserve judgement for now!! But Im teetering right on the top of this fence!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

426HemiChick

cheers.

Hi BeatersRus,                          07 June 2019

The reason we posted on his thread was due to being first time posters on this site, which was explained in that original post. As for "snarky" I think that originated by "held," not us. We just complied with his desire for us to be gone. We obliged.

We have no ill feelings towards anyone here. If someone goes over the line, there are ways of dealing with that outside of posting.

We fully understand site members interest in these vehicles, which is why this site exists. We were searching the web for something, what, we don't recall. We found the site and started reading posts. Held's thread seemed the logical place to make a first post. Guess we made a BIG MISTAKE; we're sorry for that. He could have sent a PM and splained the situation; he didn't, he went public and wasn't zackly nice about it, kind of Snarky if you will. What were we supposed to do? I don't much care what people say about or to me, but my Girlfriend/SO is involved and that's another matter.

We have lots to do so It's time to end this post. Thank you BeatersRus for your input, it is appreciated by both of us.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

BeatersRus

@ hemi chicks,ty for your response,we all look forwards to you and your S.O. sharing the pics and stories of the cars.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

aerolith

Weird post this!
Deffo written by a lady with 'late-life' issues methnks.
Why do I say this?
Cos it looks like my mum has been writing it... :scratchchin:

She has 'late-life' issues too lol... :pity:

On the same note, I've never posted pics of my XX29 car either.
Maybe I got 'late-life' issues too?

As Mulder says, ''trust no one''.
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

62 Max

Could this be one of the real 426 Hemi Chicks ? :drool5:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

held1823

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 07, 2019, 12:37:24 PM

cheers.

Hi BeatersRus,                          07 June 2019

The reason we posted on his thread was due to being first time posters on this site, which was explained in that original post. As for "snarky" I think that originated by "held," not us. We just complied with his desire for us to be gone. We obliged.

We have no ill feelings towards anyone here. If someone goes over the line, there are ways of dealing with that outside of posting.

We fully understand site members interest in these vehicles, which is why this site exists. We were searching the web for something, what, we don't recall. We found the site and started reading posts. Held's thread seemed the logical place to make a first post. Guess we made a BIG MISTAKE; we're sorry for that. He could have sent a PM and splained the situation; he didn't, he went public and wasn't zackly nice about it, kind of Snarky if you will. What were we supposed to do? I don't much care what people say about or to me, but my Girlfriend/SO is involved and that's another matter.

We have lots to do so It's time to end this post. Thank you BeatersRus for your input, it is appreciated by both of us.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

my asking what this had to do with the thread you first posted on, and then suggesting you start your own thread, was snarky?

every bit of your story may be true but it should play out here, not buried in a thread about a totally different car. my wish for that thread to be cleaned up meant for a moderator to move those posts here, including all of the responses to them.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

kiwigtx

cheers.

5.0L Engine
   8.8 Rear End
   Fuel Size Spare Tire
   135 Amp Alternator
   Silicone Hoses
   HD Belt Tensioner
   Unique Fan Clutch

Got a link to those pictures you have posted here at this site???  I can't find anything here.

JB400

Quote from: BeatersRus on June 07, 2019, 10:11:37 AM

so,i even took your advice and checked out your 25k replies,because i wouldnt want to be unfair.
i tend to agree with the logical people and like to provide tech and help to people.
first i looked for a member album,or resto album,or hey this is my car album,but found..nothing.

That's where I'm at with my 69.  I was wanting a father/son project with my car, but my dad wasn't interested.  I still have the car and am saving money and parts with hopes of getting it on  the road soon.  Maybe someday, it will be a father/son project, just with my own kid.

that was posted in 2012...you do realize,that with the hundreds of thousands of posts you have made over the various forums,
by now you could have rebuilt the entire car instead of lurking around all these forums doing word memes and increasing your post counts... :icon_smile_question:
just a thought...and perhaps thats another explanation as to why so few believe what you say.
there is  no offense intended,im just pointing out what others see.

we now return you to our regularly scheduled program,Cars in Barns,with our new Hosts,the hemi chicks.
And,if this story turns out to be True,it Will be a great story...esp when they get rescued from the garage.

You seem like a smart fellow.  Thanks for looking into things. Now you know I haven't posted anything here for years, and my 2nd post at FBBO clearly states my intentions there: https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/why-we-lose-interest.146567/page-2#post-910887547 , so now why would anyone in their right mind expect me to post pix there, when I haven't shown I've done anything with it over here?

JB400

Quote from: kiwigtx on June 07, 2019, 05:22:40 PM

cheers.

5.0L Engine
    8.8 Rear End
    Fuel Size Spare Tire
    135 Amp Alternator
    Silicone Hoses
    HD Belt Tensioner
    Unique Fan Clutch

Got a link to those pictures you have posted here at this site???  I can't find anything here.
I highly doubt you're interested in my car.

Y1CHARGER

That's where I'm at with my 69.  I was wanting a father/son project with my car, but my dad wasn't interested.  I still have the car and am saving money and parts with hopes of getting it on  the road soon.  Maybe someday, it will be a father/son project, just with my own kid.

Seems very odd that you have what you have to say, yet just joined this forum 4 days ago and only posted to this thread  :shruggy:

Y1CHARGER

Another thing that seems odd is that an owner of a high end HEMI Daytona that could be worth close to a million dollars is hesitant to obtain the original broadcast sheet.  Any other member here would be jumping all over that even if it were just a plain old Charger.  Wierd  :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

birdsandbees

She's in love Y1.. money doesn't matter, especially when it's only a $4000 car in retroflect...
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

BeatersRus

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on June 07, 2019, 09:14:29 PM

you do realize,that with the hundreds of thousands of posts you have made over the various forums,

Seems very odd that you have what you have to say, yet just joined this forum 4 days ago and only posted to this thread  :shruggy:
i went back and Highlghted the important parts.

im also a member of a few other mopar forums,except theres one major difference...i own or have owned many of the cars on the forums i join.
im currently trying to figure what to do with a rollover 67 charger,save it or?
rebody it more than likely due to the roof now being lower than Cheech-s impala.
its a big block car,automatic,built 383,nothing special,its waiting its turn.

however,i was Fascinated by not only the story of these supposed garage cars,but the aero topic i originally stumbled onto.
i really enjoy good history or Stories about our cars,and that thread was excellent.
hats off to Ernie Helder there And to all of you who replied.

so i joined up started following This topic cause so far the storys good the Bait is excellent and there may actually be fish on the other end.

and immediately saw jb was Here as well..... :brickwall:
tak about a Perfect Example to show the hemi chicks what i was talking about with the former MoparLady,
who was yet Another one who was trolling hard on various forums,with no cars to be found.

now,on every forum this jb guys been on,never a pic of a single mopar.
hes on all of them too i think..even the truck forums.
and his main purpose in the forums?
well perhaps you should go look at his posts and see what the majority really are.
instead of me telling you the majority are ...yeah.
i think you might come to the same conclusion many of us have on the other forums.
there are no cars and these mopar forums are the guys facebook/lifeline basically.

could i be totally wrong?
it would be Great if i was....and im being sincere,because thats all it would take.
altho even if he does own a charger id still poke him for wasting time here instead of fixing that joker up.
dont be letting it sit there and rot out !!
( grins )

hope this explains it a bit better @ y1charger