News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on June 07, 2019, 09:19:14 PM
Another thing that seems odd is that an owner of a high end HEMI Daytona that could be worth close to a million dollars is hesitant to obtain the original broadcast sheet.  Any other member here would be jumping all over that even if it were just a plain old Charger.  Wierd  :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Hi Y1CHARGER,                             07 June 2019

Did you ever consider that we follow our own path in life, and try to do things that help folks less fortunate than we are. When the day comes that we decide to part with our cars the money we receive for them will be used for good causes.

Without further ado you will see a sample of what this site will miss; hasta luego

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

JB400

Nice collection of cars :2thumbs: It's definitely a collection many will envy

Birdflu

6bblgt

WOW! great pics & it would take me all weekend+ to take similar (uncluttered) pictures of my garage    :scratchchin:

'68 PP1 HEMI Road Runner coupe  :2thumbs:
'69 R4 w/white bench A12 Super Bee ...... is there a HEMI in it as the hood proclaims?  :coolgleamA:
'69 V2 HEMI Daytona  :drool5: nice details, radiator cap & race HEMI plug wires ..... what's in the trunk? original red stripe Polyglas spare on an orange wheel   :Twocents:

426HemiChick

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 08, 2019, 01:04:34 AM
WOW! great pics & it would take me all weekend+ to take similar (uncluttered) pictures of my garage    :scratchchin:

'68 PP1 HEMI Road Runner coupe  :2thumbs:
'69 R4 w/white bench A12 Super Bee …… is there a HEMI in it as the hood proclaims?  :coolgleamA:
'69 V2 HEMI Daytona  :drool5: nice details, radiator cap & race HEMI plug wires ….. what's in the trunk? original red stripe Polyglas spare on an orange wheel   :Twocents:

Hi 6bblgt,                            07 June 2019

The RR's engine went into the Six-Pack to race. The 6-Pack engine is disassembled and the parts stored, Same with the RR, it's engine is also disassembled and stored. The Daytona is mostly original, there are no mods that cannot be easily undone. As I said in a previous post, we will never put her on the highway again while being driven. She is way to valuable to use her as a target for some stupid jerk watching the bug on his/her GPS.

By the way, when the Super Bee was in Race trim she was named "The Elephant" and sported a fancy lettering job by the famous artist named "Greg" who worked out of Arlen Vankie's shop in Akron, Ohio. We left a little of his artwork on it and his calling card, which he painted on the trunk lid.

The Daytona's trunk contains the two jacks, bolts, nuts, screws, etc. that are for attaching the nose.

Thanks amigo,

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

chargervert

Unfortunately a thick skin is required to be on most car oriented sites these days,don't let it stop you from posting about your cars. If nothing else comes from it,you are out in your garage spending time with your cars again.

6bblgt

based on the fender tag & pics, I count 9 OPTIONS (& there are probably a couple more) - that's a lot for a HEMI DAYTONA!  :cheers:

:Twocents: get that broadcast sheet

426HemiChick

Quote from: chargervert on June 08, 2019, 01:32:15 AM
Unfortunately a thick skin is required to be on most car oriented sites these days,don't let it stop you from posting about your cars. If nothing else comes from it,you are out in your garage spending time with your cars again.

Hi chargervert,                            08 June 2019

My skin is quite thick, I used to be a cop. I don't really care what someone says to or about me. When they make nasty comments about my Girlfriend/SO, all bets are off. She is the Love of my life and no one has a right to hurl insults at Her or about Her.

If this site had decent moderation, crap like what spews forth from the resident Taliban wannabe wouldn't be tolerated.

I'll say this loud and clear, that POS best never cross my path. He won't because he is a coward, "pervert" and a stupid lowlife. The common thing about stupid people is they are the last to know they are stupid. As the old saying goes: "You can't Fix Stupid."

This could be a great site if they kept the trash off and had decent moderators who would enforce the rules, if there were any. Not going to happen here.

Thanks for your post, kind words and sage advice. We're about done on this site; we thought it would be an enjoyable place to meet nice people and develop friendships; didn't happen.

Some who I thought were allies turned out to be Taliban enablers. You know the type, they pat you on the back with one hand, looking for the soft spot where they can stick the knife they have in the other.

We leave with a clear conscience and no regrets. We proved the know-it-alls wrong on every count; we actually enjoyed letting them stick both feet in their mouths. Another old saying that some of the members need to practice: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Author Unknown

To those that spewed the venom, we don't want your apologies. If you have to apologize for something you said or did, you shouldn't have said or done it in the first place.

Let there be no doubt, there are great people here. You just have to be careful who you trust. We learned you can't be too careful with who you trust on this site, especially the moderators; they're spineless, in my opinion.

Hasta luego mis amigos.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

BeatersRus

you owe me an apology for what you said to me in pm,because you were wrong.
you also owe me a thank you,because i told you exactly what was going to happen,and it did,and you did post pics.

and hey,what pics they are...ty for sharing them.
if your skin is as thick as you claim,then you should stick around,because Now is Your Time.
you proved them wrong,you have excellent cars.
there are some apologies that should be made to you as well.

also,in reference to Greg of Akron,i have owned 2 vehicles in my lifetime that were painted by Greg.
he was one of the Best.

JB400

We have pretty good mods here, they're just not on duty all the time when stuff like this happens.  If you want stricter moderation, try moparts.

birdsandbees

Nice collection, I'm still trying to figure out how the fender tag was the easiest original picture!  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

62 Max

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 08, 2019, 03:13:26 AM
Quote from: chargervert on June 08, 2019, 01:32:15 AM

Hi chargervert,                            08 June 2019

My skin is quite thick, I used to be a cop. I don't really care what someone says to or about me. When they make nasty comments about my Girlfriend/SO, all bets are off. She is the Love of my life and no one has a right to hurl insults at Her or about Her.

If this site had decent moderation, crap like what spews forth from the resident Taliban wannabe wouldn't be tolerated.

I'll say this loud and clear, that POS best never cross my path. He won't because he is a coward, "pervert" and a stupid lowlife. The common thing about stupid people is they are the last to know they are stupid. As the old saying goes: "You can't Fix Stupid."

This could be a great site if they kept the trash off and had decent moderators who would enforce the rules, if there were any. Not going to happen here.

Thanks for your post, kind words and sage advice. We're about done on this site; we thought it would be an enjoyable place to meet nice people and develop friendships; didn't happen.

Some who I thought were allies turned out to be Taliban enablers. You know the type, they pat you on the back with one hand, looking for the soft spot where they can stick the knife they have in the other.

We leave with a clear conscience and no regrets. We proved the know-it-alls wrong on every count; we actually enjoyed letting them stick both feet in their mouths. Another old saying that some of the members need to practice: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Author Unknown

To those that spewed the venom, we don't want your apologies. If you have to apologize for something you said or did, you shouldn't have said or done it in the first place.

Let there be no doubt, there are great people here. You just have to be careful who you trust. We learned you can't be too careful with who you trust on this site, especially the moderators; they're spineless, in my opinion.

Hasta luego mis amigos.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

I've had to eat crow a few times during my life,it looks like I'll have to add one more ! :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

Me too.....sorry ladies.

....but im my defence  :icon_smile_big:...you do write your posts in such a way that draws comments/doubts like these. And you are not the only single sex couple in the world....and most don't have such a big chip on their shoulder about it. In fact why even mention it?...nothing to do with the cars. Im sure there are many LGBT members on here....just by the law of averages and the membership size.....none have felt the need to mention it so many times in one thread though!!!!!!

....anyway BOT.....great cars....no doubt about that.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

chargervert

Thanks for showing the pictures of your cars. I had an A12 Superbee myself,It is definately in the top three cars that I owned,that I wish I never sold. Glad to see that you kept yours.

426HemiChick

Quote from: BeatersRus on June 08, 2019, 07:17:20 AM
you owe me an apology for what you said to me in pm,because you were wrong.
you also owe me a thank you,because i told you exactly what was going to happen,and it did,and you did post pics.

and hey,what pics they are...ty for sharing them.
if your skin is as thick as you claim,then you should stick around,because Now is Your Time.
you proved them wrong,you have excellent cars.
there are some apologies that should be made to you as well.

also,in reference to Greg of Akron,i have owned 2 vehicles in my lifetime that were painted by Greg.
he was one of the Best.

Beaterrus,                            08 June 2019

Here is a quote from one of your replies to crazy Taliban wannabe:

"lol at the disclaimer even!

at any rate Rich,you have this allllll wrong you see you failed to read properly.
her gf is much younger than she is.
Pay Attention!!! 2thumbs"

You gave the filthy Taliban wannabe affirmation by quoting its vile post and then commenting on it. I owe you nothing.

My skin is thick when it comes to me. When someone attacks my Girlfriend/SO, for whatever reason, all bets are off. She is the Love of my life; I Love Her more than anyone else or anything in the universe. She has saved my life three times. Had it not been for Her, most certainly I would not be alive today. She has done nothing to deserve the crap spewed by the resident raghead/Taliban wannabe, who is undoubtedly a coward and pervert.

That said I owe no one else here an apology. I did apologize to Held quite openly; I still don't think he gets it. Maybe it's a language barrier; I try to write so even those that aren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree can understand. Was I ever wrong.

As for getting the photos, there was stuff piled all over the cars, which was all that was visible to the camera; the only path to the front of the garage is the ten inch wide space between the SB and Daytona. I hope no one here thinks I cleaned things up just so I could get pictures for this site. If anyone thinks that, I have a nice toll bridge in NY City I'll sell them.

To the person that said it was easy to get an account here; you are wrong. It took three days and multiple attempts. I finally received an email saying my account was Manually created. I still don't have access to my profile page. I no longer care; I won't be needing it. Getting the attention of a moderator here is like pissing into the wind. A bit graphic for me but maybe understandable.

Best Always to the good folks here, which I know most are. It's the few rotten ones that spoil what's in the barrel. One more parting thought, this time from Ben Franklin: "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas." Worth thinking about.

426 Hemi Chicks

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

birdsandbees

The Clash wrote a song.. "should I stay or should I go now"? and you can't make up your mind.

We'd all like you to stay around and show us these cars when you get the place cleaned up, but I have a true feeling that you only came on here with the hope that someone will beat a path to your door.. so you can then keep your GF in the life she deserves..

I have seen nobody insulting your GF, as one she's not writing the commentary that is getting replies (or is she). As for other's comments, they are what they are... but if you'd been around DC for a few years... vs a few days.... you'd know there's always at least one joker in the crowd.

I wish you and yours well, this certainly isn't the first time I've been teased by a pair of lesbians!  :2thumbs:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

426HemiChick

Quote from: odcics2 on June 08, 2019, 12:49:12 PM
Do you know a guy named Chet Headley? 

Hi Odecs,                            08 June 2019

We haven't heard of anyone by that name until you mentioned it, so we checked the SSDI. It indicates he passed away in 2006.

Is this someone we should know? If there's a connection PM us. We have been in and lived in many countries and States. We've met many people and have many friends scattered throughout the world. At our advanced age of 39, our memory's are not what they were when we were more youthful.

Thanks for the post. If we can be of any help, let us know.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

BeatersRus

first,as i see you ignored it,id like to thank you for posting the pics.

as far as your rant there,its cool,i think weve all seen the venom on your side. :flame:
its also revealing how you focused on that 1 post,
instead of anything else ive said to you that was helpful,or to let you know what was going on. :shruggy:

btw,that filthy taliban,is actually a well known member,and his majority postings are most always of a joking nature.
apparently you are sensitive to online forums,which is confusing when i see you keep saying you have a thick skin.
yet you chose to go off about it?

also,i have to echo odics here...
the daytona vin you provided was sold to a chet headley in 1972 and then it popped up again in 2008?
is that the gentleman you purchased the car from?

birdsandbees

Are you not reading correctly Rob, she bought the car in '72 so how can that be?  :shruggy:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

426HemiChick

Quote from: birdsandbees on June 08, 2019, 01:00:52 PM
The Clash wrote a song.. "should I stay or should I go now"? and you can't make up your mind.

We'd all like you to stay around and show us these cars when you get the place cleaned up, but I have a true feeling that you only came on here with the hope that someone will beat a path to your door.. so you can then keep your GF in the life she deserves..

I have seen nobody insulting your GF, as one she's not writing the commentary that is getting replies (or is she). As for other's comments, they are what they are... but if you'd been around DC for a few years... vs a few days.... you'd know there's always at least one joker in the crowd.

I wish you and yours well, this certainly isn't the first time I've been teased by a pair of lesbians!  :2thumbs:

Hi birdsandbees,                         08 Jun 2019

My Girlfriend and I collaborate on most all posts. She did all the photographic work. I helped her a limited amount. We have similar professional backgrounds in engineering and our interests run parallel. She's a much better engineer than I ever could hope to be. Her IQ would make Einstein envious were he still alive. She is selfless, She helps those that are in need and does it without any compensation other than knowing she has made a positive difference in the lives of others.

As for the folks on this site, I know most all are good people. The only person I really have a problem with is the Taliban Wannabe. Does he know or care how he hurtful he is with his vile comments. He may think he's funny, but he's not. I'm sure he has mental problems and should be under the care of a mental health professional. And for sure he has no business owning or having possession of a gun. This guy is a disaster looking for a place to happen.

My Girlfriend/SO and I are partners in all that we do. The cars belong to Her as much as they belong to me. When the time comes to part with them, the decision will be made jointly by Us, as the partners we are.

No hard feelings except for the Taliban; he needs to be banned permanently from this site.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Alaskan_TA

Every internet forum should have at least one lady moderator with banishment powers.

426HemiChick came in & right away she spotted one major loser here that repeatably is a negative presence to the whole site.

Troy, do you want the negative people to drag your site down or the positive people to buoy it up?

There should be a way to block ISPs.

Alaskan_TA

426HemiChick

Quote from: BeatersRus on June 08, 2019, 01:10:09 PM
first,as i see you ignored it,id like to thank you for posting the pics.

as far as your rant there,its cool,i think weve all seen the venom on your side. :flame:
its also revealing how you focused on that 1 post,
instead of anything else ive said to you that was helpful,or to let you know what was going on. :shruggy:

btw,that filthy taliban,is actually a well known member,and his majority postings are most always of a joking nature.
apparently you are sensitive to online forums,which is confusing when i see you keep saying you have a thick skin.
yet you chose to go off about it?

also,i have to echo odics here...
the daytona vin you provided was sold to a chet headley in 1972 and then it popped up again in 2008?
is that the gentleman you purchased the car from?

Hi BeatersRus,                             08 June 2019

I don't care about crap that is only directed at me. I care and care a lot if it even remotely affects my Girlfriend/SO. His "funny shit" isn't funny; it's hurtful and when it affects Her then I get pissed. I'm dead serious, he had better never cross my path. He may be a respected member here, which doesn't say much for the members that respect him.

The world has changed, you just don't go around insulting people just because you think something's funny. People have feelings; you may not agree with how they choose to live their lives, but that doesn't give you the right to insult them.

I do not remember the name of the person we bought the car from. That happened long ago. He lived close to or on Ohio Route 3 in a rural area. He lived in a doublewide on a slope. That's the best that I can come up with.

We have a lot to do so this is the last post for awhile.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks