News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheap(er) 68 Charger on eBay for UK members ....

Started by alfaitalia, June 09, 2019, 09:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

One of the cheapest I've seen for sale in the UK recently....at least for one that's not a complete basket case!!! :smilielol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dodge-Charger-1968/233239645366?hash=item364e2a8cb6:g:b5MAAOSwmohc6-Bl
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Back N Black

Really? that looks like a shit show to me, for that money.

70B5Cuda

Quote from: Back N Black on June 09, 2019, 08:16:48 PM
Really? that looks like a shit show to me, for that money.

You'd die if you saw what projects normally sell for in Europe/Australia.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

alfaitalia

You are not wrong...how does about £10,000 for a non 69 rolling shell that pretty much needs every panel replaced/repared (no motor or trans or axle or interior) grab ya? That's what I was offered the other day....was sold before I even had the chance to say "thanks...but no thanks!"

mattretch9888

Might put my project up for sale with £35k price tag if they're selling so well here in the UK 🙈

alfaitalia

Its more a case that we don't have many to choose from....there might be 3 or 4 project type Chargers (68-70) for sale at any one time at the most....so the price goes up...supply and demand!! Lots of folks cant be doing with waiting for an unknown to be imported and hope that it is at least somewhere near the description....they want to see it before paying and will pay for that. Im tight....imported mine!!!

mattretch9888

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 11, 2019, 10:59:09 AM
Its more a case that we don't have many to choose from....there might be 3 or 4 project type Chargers (68-70) for sale at any one time at the most....so the price goes up...supply and demand!! Lots of folks cant be doing with waiting for an unknown to be imported and hope that it is at least somewhere near the description....they want to see it before paying and will pay for that. Im tight....imported mine!!!

What you think as a rolling chassis my 69 rt would go for here in UK? Non number matching engine and no fender tag

alfaitalia

A completely rust free primed shell I looked at for a friend a little while back was to for £18,000. No driveline/engine ...just k frame and all the steering gear and an ok interior but in the horrible green (had been a triple green car..surprise!). He's still thinking about it...it's not sold yet. I paid half that for my pretty rusty shell...it's rust free now after lots of grinding, welding and patching. No AMD body panels are available here unless you import then at GREAT expense so it was patching for me...at least I can nearly call my body original with no after market body parts!....so if you look at the cost of the 18 grand shell and then factor in the hundreds of hours of my time I have in the 9k body it's probably worth it.. I bet someone would pay 20k plus for yours if it's a solid, relatively rust free RT roller. Don't forget though that we then have to pay shipping and 5% tax (on both the car price AND the shipping costs).

JMF

68-70 Chargers here in the UK have always been difficult to price, seems to be people are willing to pay £15k for an absolute rotter that needs £40k spending on it but won't pay £25k-30k for a nice driver quality car, although now things might have changed but that is what I noticed 2 or so years back when I was selling my 68

There's 2 or 3 real nice Chargers for sale currently in the UK that have been for sale a while all at £60k and upwards, none of them seem to be selling.

Last year on Ebay no reserve a genuine RT sold for about £26k

And at auction a black genuine RT sold for about £28k

The £60k + ones seem to be people who had expensive restorations done on them a few years back and are now thinking that they can recoup all those costs.

alfaitalia

Yep.....this 68-69 mongrel has been on sale for ever...I don't care how much he spent on it, I cant ever see it going for much over £50k. It does not look great in the pics...so it's probably worse in real life. There might be half a dozen people in the UK tempted by it...so it will need to sell on price. In the current market it  would probably be worth more if it was stock....but not 90 large...and that's pounds! It's also not got an age related license plate on it so looks odd to UK classic car owners...should end in F as a 68 ..T is for a 1979 car....probably the year it was imported rather then built. Does not help with value but easy to change. They are also illegal as they should black on yellow on the back and black on white on the front on any plate newer than 75 N....again easy to sort. Where I live I would get about 10 feet before being pulled for using black and chromes on a T reg car....low crime area you see...cops have nothing better to do!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-DODGE-CHARGER-7-2-AUTO/163718193523?hash=item261e5d6173:g:B6YAAOSwLEpc3sQx&redirect=mobile

Also 68 and 69 models sell for lots more than 70 model's. The 70 is not at all popular here....I've seen a few on mainland Europe though.

Challenger340

I guess they are only worth what someone is willing to pay ?
and that said...
if what that someone is willing to pay, is NOT enough that someone else who owns one is willing to part with it for ?
Then they can stay owner and wannabe.
Only wimps wear Bowties !