News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Spacer or Stud ?

Started by yxkullsgatan, June 14, 2019, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yxkullsgatan

Hi,

I bought some Cragar Wheels (15X7 and 15x8) but my studs are too short, is it complicated to put longer studs or is it more simple to put some wheel spacers ?

Here are some pics

Thanks

yxkullsgatan

@Lennard Thanks, yes I know I have to buy the right lug nuts but my question is about my studs, because as you can see on my pics there are too short, so it better to change them or install wheel spacers ?

alfaitalia

......that's the point...they won't be too short with shank nuts as the threads of the nuts will pass most of the way through the wheel. Take a look at the pics....the internally threaded tube parts of the nuts go into the holes on your wheels between the wheel and the stud.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

yxkullsgatan

@alfaitalia @Lennard ok guys thanks I was pretty sure that even with the right lug nuts my studs are too short... Ok so it's just a matter of lug/shank nuts, ok I have to order them then.

Thanks again guys

Lennard