News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lost a "friend" last week with 3 426 Hemi engines.

Started by ACUDANUT, July 11, 2019, 10:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

He bought them new and never did anything with them. He liked to show them off, but never did anything with them.
He did not have any children and his wife won't sell them.   :shruggy:

Ghoste

It might be too soon for her to think about that.  Sorry for your loss.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69rtse4spd

1974dodgecharger

what you implying?

Live life to the fullest enjoy the things you buy to want to enjoy them because you wont get a 2nd change

or

You want to buy the 4 hemi cars

ACUDANUT

My only point is not about trying to get one of these engines, but whoa to those who collects things and thinks they will go with them when they die.  It just a waste.
Kind of like having a car that just sits there in your garage without ever enjoying them. Or a trophy wife you can't touch.  lessened learned.
Or having 6 cars that one day you will restore. Life is short people. Wake up.

odcics2

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 14, 2019, 08:57:50 AM
My only point is not about trying to get one of these engines, but whoa to those who collects things and thinks they will go with them when they die.  It just a waste.
Kind of like having a car that just sits there in your garage without ever enjoying them. Or a trophy wife you can't touch.  lessened learned.

I guess that since you don't know when you are going to croak, it's a tough call knowing what to do!!!!!!!!    :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

F8-4life

On the flip side at least he owned them..I am sure even just drinking a beer and staring at them in the garage put him in the running for king of his block.

Mytur Binsdirti

Kind of like having a car that just sits there in your garage without ever enjoying them.
Or having 6 cars that one day you will restore.

Sounds like a very strange new member(s) on another section of this forum.

Birdflu

Quote from: odcics2 on July 14, 2019, 09:45:03 AM

I guess that since you don't know when you are going to croak, it's a tough call knowing what to do!!!!!!!!    :smilielol:

No it's not...use all of the things that bring a smile to your face ALL of the time! Life is short!  :angel:

1974dodgecharger

GOTCHA...I AGREE.....HENCE WHY I SPENT PROBABLY OVER 100K ON MY CAR NO ONE ARGUES WHEN I SAY

YOU CANT TAKE IT WITH YOU  :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Hopefully with time the engines may come available.. Heck, she may get just as much enjoyment looking at them as her late husband did..... But, if she wants to sell, then hopefully you have nurtured the relationship so she'll reach out to you for help in letting them go........

Life is short....... As soon as I'm done with this current Hemi C500 project, my next project will be converting my Daytona to a manual 4speed... 'Cause, that's what will put a big smile on my face......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 11, 2019, 10:49:36 PM
He bought them new and never did anything with them. He liked to show them off, but never did anything with them.
He did not have any children and his wife won't sell them.   :shruggy:

Eventually, she will likely come around.     These things have a way of working out.   Usually, it involves the color green.

XH29N0G

I'm sorry to hear the news. I assume we all pass, but it is sad for those who remain. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

ACUDANUT

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 15, 2019, 06:39:43 AM
Hopefully with time the engines may come available.. Heck, she may get just as much enjoyment looking at them as her late husband did..... But, if she wants to sell, then hopefully you have nurtured the relationship so she'll reach out to you for help in letting them go........

Life is short....... As soon as I'm done with this current Hemi C500 project, my next project will be converting my Daytona to a manual 4speed... 'Cause, that's what will put a big smile on my face......

I am not in the market for one. (they won't be cheap). I am just sorry he did not have the 100 years he wanted to install one.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 14, 2019, 11:29:40 AM

Kind of like having a car that just sits there in your garage without ever enjoying them.

Hmmm, It does ring a bell.  :smilielol:

dual fours

Maybe his Hemi's were his children. In the wife's lifetime, she or her POA will sell them or whom ever is her executor/trix. Sorry for your loss. RIP Sir.
Which is it though, 3 or 4 Hemi's?
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

ACUDANUT

I thought he had 4, but was corrected by a mutual friend who said it was three. He was a older co-worker retired Deputy Sheriff.

dual fours

I can just picture a person (the wife) dusting off the 3 Hemis like she would furniture.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Lighthorseman

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 14, 2019, 11:29:40 AM

:smilielol: