News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 right side quarter and wheelhouse

Started by Highbanked Hauler, July 19, 2019, 03:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Ass end of my 68, put the quarter and outer wheelhouse on the LEFT side with little problem. To set the quarter in place where it lines up well, the right wheelhouse is so far off I can put my fingers between the top and back where the two join. If I line it up with the quarter it is a good inch low to where it joins the roof rail and inner wheelhouse . Has anyone else had this problem with AMD stuff ????? :brickwall:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

runningman

I had to cut my outer and weld a strip of metal to meet the quarter, I can try to get a pic tomorrow. 

hemi-hampton

Quote from: runningman on July 19, 2019, 10:09:52 PM
I had to cut my outer and weld a strip of metal to meet the quarter, I can try to get a pic tomorrow.  

Matt, Hows your car coming along, haven't talked to you in years & you haven't been in here much for years. Is your car done yet? Seems I remember talking to you about wheel wells 10+ years ago. Anyways, Any wheel wells & quarters I've installed had always been a problem with poor fit which means lots of cutting & splicing & welding. BUT, I don't have a lot of experience using AMD 1/4's or wheel wells (usually used Shermans since local) since I have not done to much restoring in past 8 years but the stuff I did use did not fit to good. LEON.

runningman

Well, body shop guy grabbed my car before I was able to get a pic.  I'll see what I can do when I see it at the shop.  Hey Leon, sending you a pm!