News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New SSBC

Started by Animal, May 13, 2006, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

Fitted new disc brakes all round which I got from SSBC.Problem is,the left rear rotor is slightly distorted, which is due to the flange on the half shaft distorted.When the car is driven I obviously get a donk donk coming from that wheel.I am hoping this will go away when the pads bed in,as the car has only done about ten miles since major renovation.BTW,distortion is very minimal,all the same,I had to back the hand brake off to minimise the donk noise.Any luck this will go away when pads bed in.1968 charger.Thanks Adam.

bull

No because it sounds as if the distortion is going against the plane of the pad. If there was a high spot that went all the way around the rotor rather than across it you wouldn't have a problem and you never would have noticed it. You need to have that rotor turned to get rid of the hump and/or fix the half shaft problem.

Silver R/T

i would take rotor to be turned
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Animal

Going to pull the half shafts & rotors,then take to machine shop & have them checked /turned. :flame:
Thanks to all Adam.

Animal

The problem was on the end of the 1/2 shaft,they machined about a .10 of a thogh off,I think the car must of been curbed @ some point.When it was running on drums,it had a vibration @speeds of about 50/60 MPH so I had the prop shaft checked,the diff Overhauld & replaced transmission mount.Good thing I went with discs,otherwise I would'nt have found the problem so easily.Also,had to have the disc turned aswell due to the fact it got distorted when the wheel nuts were torqued up.
Thanks again to all.Adam.