News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlise Trip Report

Started by AKcharger, July 19, 2023, 08:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Another Great Carlile trip this year. Put about 600 miles on the 70 charger and it ran great! The Factory A/C system re redid last year was FREEZING cold the whole way...was happy about that! Show keeps getting bigger every year AND starts earlier. In the past I recall getting there on Thursday and it would be mostly vendors setting up and a few people from far-away that came early (like me) But now it's busy! and Friday was just as packed as Saturday!! Everything else was about the same, parts selection same, just rustier. Saw a '68(?) and '70 for sale for $7K and $26K have to admire someone being proud of their cars!
As for trip I averaged about 12 MPH but that's with A/C on the whole time, car ran great but did have a front wheel bearing go bad. I was EXTREMELY fortunate to: get a tow quickly, find a shop that was open and could get me right in and the shop actually had the bearing in stock!! So we were able to catch the train home on-time.
Hope next year to take the '72

b5blue

Wow!! What did the train ride cost?

AKcharger

$1600 R/T with car and a little "cabinette" while not cheep, it's MUCH better than driving the whole way with an old car

mopar4don

So you and your Charger took the train from Florida to Ohio?
I did not know they can do this with personal cars!

MoPaR 312

I have never been to Carlisle but plan on taking a Charger next year for sure.

Any recommendations for a first timer out there? Lodging hard to find?

Coming from Wisconsin so will be trailering a car.

b5blue

Sounds like a fun way to go!  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

I was in the survivor tent with my car it was a great experience  HOT  but its the greatest mopar show !!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

AKcharger

Mopar4don - Carlise is near Harrisburg PA, your thinking of the Nats. I don't think autotrains go there

Mopar312 - it's great fun! I'd register as early as you can and book hotel early as well. There is plenty of hotels but the closest one book a year out. We stay in Mechanicsburg and take the back way I. To the show.

B5 it absolutely is if yoy have some spare $$

Moparstuart - I should have looked for ya!!

4cruzin

This is the best MOPAR show in the world!  If you have not been, you should start making plans now!   :cheers:   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

moparstuart

Quote from: 4cruzin on July 27, 2023, 10:20:13 AMThis is the best MOPAR show in the world!  If you have not been, you should start making plans now!   :cheers:   
totally agree  :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE