News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here is what $5000 buys you.

Started by Kern Dog, August 26, 2019, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

I think you did pretty good. My 7200.00 68 charger needed one rear frame rail a torsion bar cross member a full front floor pan trunk pan tail light panel rear valance both rear quarters both outer wheel houses and both front fenders and a rear deck lid. And I thought I did ok to own a 68 charger. Of coarse most of this I found after the fact. But after a year and a half I have it repaired primed blocked and ready to paint. One thing to remember there not making them anymore so saving them is the reward.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 29, 2019, 02:33:47 PM
Quote from: timmycharger on August 29, 2019, 12:26:05 PM
:cheers: Nice score! Did any interior come with it? I see some bucket seats in the background, I know they can be pricey as they look similar to the ones for a 70 Dart Swinger.

Looks like a fun project, good luck!

The car comes with a non original bench seat. Those buckets are for a '70 Challenger. This car has an XH in the VIN, this meant it was the lowest priced 1970 model Charger. To reduce the price and make the car more cost competitive, they built these with bench seats, column shifts, no console, no tach, no tail panel trim and the biggest engine available was a 383 2 barrel with single exhaust.

My 70 XH Charger might have been born a plain jane, but not anymore.  You name it, it has it now.  :2thumbs:

70B5Cuda

You did well...especially since it came with a nice grill and some extra parts. A nice grille can bring $2k. Any numbers matching big block (even a 2 barrel 383 block) is worth something extra when selling. 318 or slant 6....nothing.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

Kern Dog

Thanks, Chris...The car DID look decent at a glance!
My other Charger was pretty solid too. I had a trusted buddy come along and he was able to spot an area with filler that I didn't notice. Funny thing, years later I noticed that the same quarter he pointed out ...had been either replaced or patched! HUh?
That catch you made on the rear window area....Nice work. The trunk would have filled with water every time he drove in the rain or washed the car. HACK work.

hemi-hampton

Kern Dog

I was able to get the car home today.
Plenty of obstacles in the way though. 2 NON running cars, an engine block, tool boxes, piles of parts, etc...

Kern Dog

Yeah....

Kern Dog

Each car had to be pushed out. Good thing that they rolled easy.

1970 Challenger, no engine or trans. 1970 Charger, 440/727....Then mine, the turd.

Kern Dog

It is
O U T!  The car has been in his back yard since 1998. The tag on the license shows 1995!

Kern Dog

Pulling into my place now:

Kern Dog

Floor pans inside are S O L I D !

Kern Dog

Trunk floor....
The sides are solid. The center is not. I figure that I could replace the pan to the inner channel of each frame rail and make it look right. This would allow me to slip the one piece patch panel into the trunk through the opening rather than having to do it in 2 sections.

Kern Dog

It came with a nice grille. Bumper has a dent in the left corner.

Kern Dog

RH fender is really nice. Left one is rough. I have a hood, valance and replacement fender aprons.

VegasCharger

smithenhiven

dreamcatcher

Great score. Save the bad fender at any cost. I didn't on my 68 and bought AMD replacements.  THEY DO NOT FIT!! I am in fender HELL. I so wish I would been able to save the originals. But they were just too far gone. Good luck and great score.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Mytur Binsdirti

You must be the Thurston Howell III in your village down there in Haiti.   ;D

Challenger340

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 06, 2019, 08:37:28 AM
You must be the Thurston Howell III in your village down there in Haiti.   ;D

:smilielol:

DAM YOU !
half my frigg'in bac-n-egger come out my left nostril read'in that..... "Thirston Howell III"
Only wimps wear Bowties !

TexasStroker

Great score...congrats and good luck on the build!  :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Kern Dog

Funny...For the record, that is NOT my place there.... :smilielol:

chargervert

LOVEY,Will you please push the darn Charger!

XH29N0G

Thanks for posting.  Look forward to seeing how this evolves. :2thumbs:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq