News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Diehl Motors

Started by RS23VOA, August 25, 2019, 06:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS23VOA

Hi guys
I've been lurking on the page since 2014 enjoying the content.  I happened upon this photo on Facebook earlier in the month and wanted to share.  This dealership was local to me.  At the time of this picture, it was in Stuart's Draft, Virginia.  They later moved into Waynesboro, Virginia for a number of years and then went under.  There was a fourth Bird, a B5, 440, A/T , buckets, console, white interior that the owners wife drove as a demo car.

Redbird

So please share what you know about the 4 cars, how the dealership worked as a C/P dealership and M-B dealership, what type of C/P dealership it was and what it was like, and what happened with it?

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

RS23VOA

Quote from: Redbird on August 25, 2019, 09:17:19 AM
So please share what you know about the 4 cars, how the dealership worked as a C/P dealership and M-B dealership, what type of C/P dealership it was and what it was like, and what happened with it?

I was 9 at the time this picture was taken so i really don't have any info about them.  A buddy of mine said he thought the white car was a 6pk and ended up in Lynchburg, VA.  When the company folded, they had a junkyard in the back of the building.  The B5 car was there, wrecked in the front end.  I bought that car in 1982, i think,  restored it and later sold it.  Right now i believe it's in North Dakota.  My avatar is the B5 car.  I did a color change on it in the early 80's.  The VIN is RM23U0A175554.   It is a 440, 4bbl, buckets, console, was B5 and had a white interior.  It had 15,332 miles when i bought it and a 1972 inspection sticker. 

djcarguy

what color is the 3rd one in the snow drift??  I see orange -white- ??? brownish ??? ,what /

I was 10 when first ever saw some strange wing an nose cars.  they were in Medford ,Oregon 45 miles from our tiny town.  :2thumbs:

bannedbird

RS23V0A:
To clarify, you bought the Diehl Motors B5 'Bird that was the demo car (wife drove) and it was RM23U0A175554 ?
thanks
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

RS23VOA

Quote from: bannedbird on August 30, 2019, 04:43:09 PM
RS23V0A:
To clarify, you bought the Diehl Motors B5 'Bird that was the demo car (wife drove) and it was RM23U0A175554 ?
thanks

That is correct.

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: Redbird on August 25, 2019, 09:17:19 AM

Interestingly enough... my '68 Plymouth Satellite was sold new a Freeman Spicer Co. in South Bend, IN.... which was also a Mercedes Benz dealer along with Chrysler/Plymouth.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee