News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another 440 SIX BBL 4-Speed Superbird for Sale?

Started by RSI700VIPER, August 23, 2019, 12:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

Rare car for sure but I smell rot coming through my puter. Lots of rot. Glad mine is a tribute (Not for investment but for driving fun)
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

426HemiChick

Quote from: Birdflu on August 29, 2019, 06:31:15 PM

Based on your comments we're to assume the car was beautiful but over-restored?

Hi Birdflu,                    30 August 2019

Being quite uninformed in much of the terminology, just what is meant by "Over-restored?" Is this good?

Thanks in advance.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

dreamcatcher

It simply means better quality than it would have been from factory. And Better? that depends on what the person wants. To me even the paint we use is of better quality.  :Twocents:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

boss429kiwi

You US guys undersell your cars, this is why many are leaving your shores.
The hobby in the US seem to rubbish the very hobby they are representing.

I don't get it.

A car comes up for sale and the forums go nuts, picking holes, and commenting how over priced it is etc. If the seller or an interested buys asks, well that's a different story. Sure making general comments is fine, and I do it myself, but I'm commenting on the haters.

Just my 2 cents.
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

taxspeaker

Bad day Gary?  ;) ;)

Being perfectionists and also human (and envious of others) it is kind of natural to pick stuff apart, and the anonymity of the internet makes it a little easier too. I am also guilty of what I call the "1st look critical" rush to find the non-matching stuff, but then I step back and look at the bigger picture of what is being presented.

I think the problem we are having in the US is that with the explosion of world-wide internet access, combined with 24 hours of auto-auction videos the average Joe car owner thinks his car is worth the price he sees on TV, thus leading to inflated US prices and the offsetting nit-picking by we purists, a natural thing in an environment of trying to get the best deal. Comments on rust and body work must be made to ensure buyer safety, but comments on incorrect wiring placement or mud flaps really don't mean anything other than boredom of the commenter sitting in front of a computer monitor.

So, enjoy your cars (I still can't see you being able to get in that Pantera!) and don't let the commenters get on your nerves too much. Go out and drive around in the Bird like we did 2 years ago and forget about it all.

Bob

boss429kiwi

Quote from: taxspeaker on September 01, 2019, 09:41:25 AM
Bad day Gary?  ;) ;)

Being perfectionists and also human (and envious of others) it is kind of natural to pick stuff apart, and the anonymity of the internet makes it a little easier too. I am also guilty of what I call the "1st look critical" rush to find the non-matching stuff, but then I step back and look at the bigger picture of what is being presented.

I think the problem we are having in the US is that with the explosion of world-wide internet access, combined with 24 hours of auto-auction videos the average Joe car owner thinks his car is worth the price he sees on TV, thus leading to inflated US prices and the offsetting nit-picking by we purists, a natural thing in an environment of trying to get the best deal. Comments on rust and body work must be made to ensure buyer safety, but comments on incorrect wiring placement or mud flaps really don't mean anything other than boredom of the commenter sitting in front of a computer monitor.

So, enjoy your cars (I still can't see you being able to get in that Pantera!) and don't let the commenters get on your nerves too much. Go out and drive around in the Bird like we did 2 years ago and forget about it all.

Bob

Yes, maybe a bad day.
At 6ft 6", the Pantera is tight! very tight, but does not stop me driving it ;)
I now want a Countach, so I am a sucker for punishment lol
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

62 Max

Quote from: boss429kiwi on September 02, 2019, 04:21:02 PM
Quote from: taxspeaker on September 01, 2019, 09:41:25 AM
Bad day Gary?  ;) ;)

Bob

Yes, maybe a bad day.
At 6ft 6", the Pantera is tight! very tight, but does not stop me driving it ;)
I now want a Countach, so I am a sucker for punishment lol

And when I'm ready to let go I'll be in touch,you'll be the first to know !!!! :cheers: