News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dealer rear window stickers

Started by Duran, September 03, 2019, 07:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duran

Ok guys first i have to apologise because obviously there is a translation thing going on here....

I think that a dealer sticker in the states is like a sheet with the cars options and cost at the time of purchase, is that right??

because here in Australia im just after the sticker that the dealer puts on the back window  you know about 5 6 " wide 2 " high was that something that was done there???

hey i m looking at a nice touch for my 68 and am trying to locate some period dealership window stickers.as my car has a tennessee title i thought it would be nice to find one

anyone know if these are available??

Ghoste

Someone was reproducing them, not sure who.

6.7Cummins

1968 Charger R/T 440/727

Alaskan_TA

Thankfully the fakes are easy to spot.

Good cars do not need fake paperwork.  :Twocents:

VegasCharger

100 point car, high end resto, local car show, daily driver, ratty muscle or what ever, if you have the original sticker then great.

But IMO these replicate window stickers are irrelevant. You can't re-create the past. Same goes for those Mopar cap/battery stickers.

:cheers:

Lennard

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on September 05, 2019, 06:18:31 PM

:pity:

Challenger340

I contemplated getting one of those "sales labels" made for mine just for shits & giggles, as I thought wtf seeing as how the Car is UN-restored, Pristine B-Sheet, Tag, etc., etc., all there and in great original condition.
UNTIL.....
buddy tells me ALL the factory Dodge Dealer Sales Labels used "D34" which is the code for "Light Duty Automatic Transmission" .... instead of the "D32" Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission my Fender tag, Broadcast Sheet all indicate ?

I mean here is a Black 1969 R/T SE, UN-restored, NO rust, Engine never touched still runs great, correct Carb, single Pts Dizzy... original Exhaust System still intact..... and I'm going to put an INCORRECT "D34" Label in the window because it's a typo apparently ?
Forget it... it can do without the window sticker, which was confiscated with the rest of the paperwork/title etc. as was the practice by Canada Customs when the Car was imported to Canada back in the mid 70's during the Auto Pact years.
Yep, Canada Customs used to STEAL the "Title" when importing a U.S. Car to Canada.... then issue a Canadian "registration" for the car, because apparently the QUEEN owns all property ?
No wonder you U.S. guys had a REVOLT back in 1776 !
If we would have had more than 14 people living up here in Canada back then maybe we would have Revolted as well ? But alas.... 11 of those 14 were French guys.... "lovers" NOT Fighters !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

mr. hemi

Quote from: Challenger340 on September 05, 2019, 09:12:43 PM

I contemplated getting one of those "sales labels" made for mine just for shits & giggles, as I thought wtf seeing as how the Car is UN-restored, Pristine B-Sheet, Tag, etc., etc., all there and in great original condition.
UNTIL.....
buddy tells me ALL the factory Dodge Dealer Sales Labels used "D34" which is the code for "Light Duty Automatic Transmission" .... instead of the "D32" Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission my Fender tag, Broadcast Sheet all indicate ?

I mean here is a Black 1969 R/T SE, UN-restored, NO rust, Engine never touched still runs great, correct Carb, single Pts Dizzy... original Exhaust System still intact..... and I'm going to put an INCORRECT "D34" Label in the window because it's a typo apparently ?
Forget it... it can do without the window sticker, which was confiscated with the rest of the paperwork/title etc. as was the practice by Canada Customs when the Car was imported to Canada back in the mid 70's during the Auto Pact years.
Yep, Canada Customs used to STEAL the "Title" when importing a U.S. Car to Canada.... then issue a Canadian "registration" for the car, because apparently the QUEEN owns all property ?
No wonder you U.S. guys had a REVOLT back in 1776 !
If we would have had more than 14 people living up here in Canada back then maybe we would have Revolted as well ? But alas.... 11 of those 14 were French guys.... "lovers" NOT Fighters !
:2thumbs:
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

6bblgt

Chrysler Corp. simply used "D34 - torqueflite automatic transmission" as a catch all in their product's sales information

I don't know that I've seen "light-duty", "regular" or "heavy-duty" listed or specified on any musclecar era car paperwork or OPTION list

:scratchchin: just like "D21" is a catch all for "4-speed manual transmission" -  it doesn't specify small block, big block, 23-spline, 18-spline, A-body, B-body, etc.

alfaitalia

"because apparently the QUEEN owns all property?". Dont think that was ever true....they just made it up for whatever reason. She certainly has no power like that in her home country...and never has. Shes just a figure head with no real power.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard