News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen rear valance area repair

Started by hemi68charger, October 17, 2019, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey Gang..

My C500 is getting heavy into the body repair portion of the project... I was hoping to gain some lessons-learned in terms of the sequence of installation when it comes to reconstructing the rear valance area. I have an NOS rear valance that will be installed along with AMD rear quarter lower patches and corners.. Which parts go in 1st, 2nd, etc... There will be a new crossmember and complete trunk pan along with the quarter extensions/trunk-drops...

Thanks in advance...
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

trunk pan should go in first before the lower valance....it won't fit through the trunk lid opening

Bryan

hemi68charger

Quote from: A383Wing on October 17, 2019, 07:06:12 PM
trunk pan should go in first before the lower valance....it won't fit through the trunk lid opening

Bryan

Hey Bryan.. Should have been more clear.. Sorry. The trunk first is a given. I was wondering about the installation relationship between the lower quarters, end caps and rear valance..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

cdr

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 17, 2019, 08:43:57 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on October 17, 2019, 07:06:12 PM

Bryan

Hey Bryan.. Should have been more clear.. Sorry. The trunk first is a given. I was wondering about the installation relationship between the lower quarters, end caps and rear valance..

Lower 1/4s, Caps & then the valance
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr