News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger Daytona Values in 2019

Started by bad88t-top, September 26, 2019, 03:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

I disagree with this fear of young people not being interested in the older muscle cars.
They just cannot afford them yet.

I watched a parent pick up their 16 year old boy from high school in a kitted out 2019 Nissan GTR.
The boys were all pointing and were excited.

The next day I decided to pick up my boy in the Superbird to gauge their reaction.
The boys dropped to their knees in praise.

They drive Japanese cars, because they cannot afford muscle cars YET (just like many boomers)
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

C500

Quote from: boss429kiwi on September 29, 2019, 07:06:52 PM
I disagree with this fear of young people not being interested in the older muscle cars.
They just cannot afford them yet.

I watched a parent pick up their 16 year old boy from high school in a kitted out 2019 Nissan GTR.
The boys were all pointing and were excited.

The next day I decided to pick up my boy in the Superbird to gauge their reaction.
The boys dropped to their knees in praise.

They drive Japanese cars, because they cannot afford muscle cars YET (just like many boomers)

I agree with you 100%. My nephew is 8 and is mad on old cars - nothing to do with me and my obsession however. Him aside, I notice kids reactions in general are different to an old muscle car vs rice burners when I'm at a car show.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Birdflu

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 29, 2019, 05:28:03 PM
The original post from the OP has been changed, so what's the dealeo on the Bangor ME Daytona; did he buy it?

Good question!  :shruggy: :shruggy:

Aero426

Exhibit A in  "Buy what you love.  But a high return on your investment is never a guarantee".    Fortunately, a Daytona will probably never be as worthless as Hummels are today. 

held1823

Quote from: Aero426 on September 30, 2019, 11:30:17 AM
Exhibit A in  "Buy what you love.  But a high return on your investment is never a guarantee".    Fortunately, a Daytona will probably never be as worthless as Hummels are today. 

i feel the hummel pain, but with precious moments figurines.  i ended up with about 300 of them as part of "my half" in a divorce nearly twenty years ago
been boxed up and sitting in the attic ever since.

thankfully, the daytona investment averages out to just a few bucks a month, if spread out over the fifty years it's been here
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053