News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AUTO TO 4 SPEED ON SUPERBIRD

Started by B54SPEED, September 06, 2019, 01:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

Quote from: A13 on September 29, 2019, 12:53:24 AM
Quote from: 70Sbird on September 23, 2019, 02:47:31 PM
I'm going to say that "it depends"  :shruggy:
My car was born a Column Auto bench seat car. the original drivetrain has been MIA since the early 1980s. It has been converted by it's previous owner(s) into a console 4-speed with bucket seats using all factory parts.

I believe that these mods wont hurt my cars value and the 4-speed may actually increase my value compared to an original non numbers Column/bench seat car

No it hasn't.  The charger seat upholstery and the bench seat door panels really make it look like a patchwork job.  It would be worth more to finish the change correctly, and look WWAAAYYY better.
Just my $.02  :Twocents:

I actually like the Charger seat covers, as long as they hold up and look decent they will be staying, and I believe that they are more comfortable than the correct seat covers and foam for a Superbird. The door panels have been on the list to replace for about 10 years, but with three other "hobby" cars, I need to prioritize what gets spent on what car and they just haven't risen to the top of the list yet.

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on October 01, 2019, 12:55:55 PM
Quote from: A13 on September 29, 2019, 12:53:24 AM
Quote from: 70Sbird on September 23, 2019, 02:47:31 PM
I'm going to say that "it depends"  :shruggy:
My car was born a Column Auto bench seat car. the original drivetrain has been MIA since the early 1980s. It has been converted by it's previous owner(s) into a console 4-speed with bucket seats using all factory parts.

I believe that these mods wont hurt my cars value and the 4-speed may actually increase my value compared to an original non numbers Column/bench seat car

No it hasn't.  The charger seat upholstery and the bench seat door panels really make it look like a patchwork job.  It would be worth more to finish the change correctly, and look WWAAAYYY better.
Just my $.02  :Twocents:

I actually like the Charger seat covers, as long as they hold up and look decent they will be staying, and I believe that they are more comfortable than the correct seat covers and foam for a Superbird. The door panels have been on the list to replace for about 10 years, but with three other "hobby" cars, I need to prioritize what gets spent on what car and they just haven't risen to the top of the list yet.
save your money  , just give me that money pit of yours and spend that money on your A body project  problem solved  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1RareBird

While my superbird is already a 4-speed, i don't currently have the numbers one so i'm going Passon 5-speed if i can get one.  If my bird was a non-numbers column auto i'd probably not hesitate to change to buckets/console. Numbers cars are a whole different story IMO.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

aerolith

Do what ever you want to your Birdy!

Just don't let it end up like these... :slap:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

If I had a Birdy, I would do this LOL!
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623