News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Water pump recommendation (mechanical)?

Started by Stringbender, October 12, 2019, 03:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringbender

This is for a stock, other than unknown cam 68 383. Stock style radiator, fan and shroud. I'm interested in going "high volume". Please let me know which pump you recommend. Thanks!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Stringbender

Forgot to say...Non A/C
Also, I just put this motor in (was pulled from another vehicle) an after limping the previous motor around for a year. I hope to drive this one Harder. My radiator, fan etc kept the prior motor nice an cool even on the hottest days this summer. Thanks for the reply, what do ya think?

Canadian1968

Lol..... are you purposely trying to open a can of worms here ? This is a pretty hot topic , with a bunch of arguments going on, in a post at the top of this forum.   

I juse purchased a proform aluminum unit from wummit . It has 6 blades but much longer individual blades . 

It can be very hard to get a picture or know how many blades each pump has.   

If I had to do it again I would look for an 8 blade with the biggest blade diameter I could find.

The summit racing pump is 8 blade ,as we'll as a Napa pump. And considerably a lot cheaper . Some memebers on here swear by the Milodon Pumps which is another 6 blade design .  Do some research and make your own decision

Stringbender

Ha ha yikes didn't know there was an argument going on about these. I'll have to find that thread, thanks.

Canadian1968

Mopar Nut

My 68 Charger with a 383 non A/C 22" radiator no fan shroud ran cool in our 80° weather on the stock water pump from my local parts store. Ma MOPAR designed these cars right, no need to get a fancy water pump.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

c00nhunterjoe

Stringbender

Great thanks for the advice! Looked at the previous thread as well. Liked the look of the Acdelco pump B5Blue just ordered. Just ordered that pump as well.