News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Horn relay does not work.

Started by kevs1969daytona, April 17, 2023, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

Just wanted to share something that was a horrible mystery to me.  My horn never worked properly.  So I purchased brand new original steering wheel, replaced the horn switch/signal switch in steering column (plastic turn signal with 7 wires had to take column off to install) and replaced the horn relay on the rad support that was $24 at NAPA.   Well what happened was the horn would WORK or SOUND but continuing to sound after I stopped pushing the horn button, you could not turn it off using the steering wheel horn button.  I had to disconnect horn from under the under the hood every time to stop the horn make loud horn sound.  Well after working and thinking about the problem for a few days and long story short.  This was the solution.  The new horn relay I purchased was faulty from NAPA it would open the circuit but could not close the circuit when power was released.  I initially thought my horn switch in column faulty or not installed right, maybe crossed wires or something.  But I did a "shot in the dark" and went to Bumper to Bumper got another horn relay ($24) and it works perfectly.   Point being is that some relays must be faulty from the factory so if you have same problem with new horn relay this was my solution.  Good luck I hate electrical problems. s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg