News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body Filler....

Started by sweetseventy, May 16, 2006, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetseventy

Hello,
I have an older Toyota Turcel (yes pittiful, but cheap for everyday driver.) I am going to get the rust out of it and put some body filler in it and send it in to get painted with a new paint job. I am wondering what the best body filler is and maybe some "how to" information.

Thanks.

Sweet Seventy ;D

Silver R/T

Evercoat Rage pro gold is one of best ive used
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drop Top

Rage is the best. But its expensive. In your case I would go to a automotive paint supplie store and buy their generic brand of plastic filler. Stay away from Bondo brand filler at all costs. As far as tips. Alittle more info would be required before I would give you any. Theres more to it then just slapping on some filler and calling it good. It depends on how bad the rust is and how your repairing it. If its a dailly driver and your getting a Earl Shibe paint job after your done. Then I wouldn't spend alot of time on the repaire. There are alot of short cuts that can be done to a driver that your only going to have a few years and will never be worth much anyway. I have seen manny shabby repaires last along time longer then the cheap paint job.