News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Industries: how would YOU handle this????

Started by 69B5, January 13, 2020, 08:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69B5

Hello!

So just a little over 6 months ago, I ordered a 69 Dodge Charger "premium" grille set. It was a $1500 part but they were running a sale. Which brought it down to about $1200. I could of SWORE it said at the time if the part came in shortly (I thought it was like 60 days) I would get the sale price if I bought then and there, but if the part never came in, it was cancelled

I now, 6 months plus later, get a random email tracking number. It showed only a shipping label was created but not yet scanned by UPS. When I called to try to stop it they said it was too late. The first person I spoke to was really pushing I could keep it, and suggested that maybe I could resell for full price and make a profit, but when I looked up that part on line, NOW that they are at last in stock, the selling price is only $999. No one offered to refund me the difference of what they sell for now and what I paid .....which is hundreds more

They claim they notify the buyers when the parts come in BEFORE shipping but if, and only if, you CALL so they can check a little box but if you order on line, it just happens if it ever comes back in stock..... or may never happen. Seem to me that many people after 6 months may find the part elsewhere in that time (swap meet, etc) .

After a 2nd call, they said they will give me a refund but after I pay to ship it back, and after they deduct their shipping, so it will be at least $100 out of pocket. And if I didn't return it I am rewarded by paying more then anyone else at full prices. It is still however cheaper to return it, lose shipping both ways, and re-buy the exact same thing. Heck, I might even get the same boxes back. What's wrong with this picture?

Am I wrong in thinking they are not doing me right? I paid more for parts from Classic Industries that are cheaper from other vendors thinking I was paying for A+ customer service. This, however, is very disappointing

I don't need this part at all anymore at this point

DAY CLONA

Have you spoken to Ray Yeager at Classic? 800-854-1280

CLASSIC

Hello 69B5,

We are very sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your recent order. Please PM me with your contact information and we will make sure this is handled to your complete satisfaction.

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director
Classic Industries
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Toll Free: 800-854-1280

b5blue

There ya go! Hey Ray any update on 70 Charger headlight relays?  :scratchchin:

Lennard

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 13, 2020, 11:05:04 PM
Have you spoken to Ray Yeager at Classic? 800-854-1280
When ever I had a problem with Classic Industries, Ray always solved it to my complete satisfaction.  :2thumbs:

birdsandbees

Great you popped up so quickly here Ray, as he certainly deserves his credit on the lower price. Hopefully you've dropped in to FBBO as well to stop the shit storm over there on the same subject!  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

69B5

I was told verbally today they plan to make this right. I will be sure to post the result.

CLASSIC

Quote from: b5blue on January 14, 2020, 11:32:15 AM
There ya go! Hey Ray any update on 70 Charger headlight relays?  :scratchchin:

Thank you for the inquiry.

Are you asking about the headlamp motor relay, our part # MB371, that went obsolete a few years ago?

Unfortunately, we have had no luck finding another source for this relay.

I just sent a note to our R&D team this morning, to see if they might have an interest in pursuing the manufacture of this item.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, again.

Please PM me if you have any further questions regarding this relay.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

CLASSIC

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 14, 2020, 11:56:18 AM
Great you popped up so quickly here Ray, as he certainly deserves his credit on the lower price. Hopefully you've dropped in to FBBO as well to stop the shit storm over there on the same subject!  :yesnod:

Hello birdsandbees,

Thank you for the comment. From what I understand, this customer and fellow forum member wishes to cancel the order altogether. As I understand the issue, the confusion was due to the fact that the package has been packed and loaded in the truck already, but the trailer is still at our dock being loaded with other orders. Since the trailer hasn't left the dock yet, the shipment is not yet visible in our tracking software. As soon as this truckload of parts hits the shipping terminal this evening, then we should be able to redirect the shipment back to our distribution center without too much of an issue. We will be refunding the full amount he paid for his entire order, and once the transaction is complete, he should be a happy camper. I believe the agents were confused with how to handle this. We are reviewing proper procedures with our agents and conducting some training with our telephone personnel so they better understand how to handle such an issue in the future. It is a somewhat uncommon issue, but does happen occasionally, and our agents will be counseled on the proper way to handle such a transaction. Thanks to this forum member for bringing this to our attention, our agents will be better equipped with the knowledge they need to ensure complete customer satisfaction should an issue like this arise in the future. We apologize for the confusion, and believe the customer and fellow forum member will ultimately be satisfied with the outcome.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

chargermick

Just makes me want to order something from Classic Industries.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1974dodgecharger

IMPRESSIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheers:

white

Nice!, looks like I'm going to check out Classic Industries more for my future purchases from now on. :cheers:

DAY CLONA

Thank You Ray, much appreciated by all here...

Mike

Challenger340

Classic Industries have always treated us and our shop very well, absolutely NO complaints, we find them to be a top drawer distributor.  :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

WhiteOnGreen

After reading your comments, I may have to give classic industries another chance but my experience with them has been bad for several rasons.

Backorder products but they show in stock in shop online

I purchase a headliner with approved discount code but not apply discount on the final invoice, Rush fee apply? and I can't remove a product from basquet that has been in backorder since 2012 visa hold pending status, no good for me.

Lennard

Quote from: WhiteOnGreen on January 16, 2020, 05:54:17 AM

I've had this problem many times with Jegs and Summit. They even tell you over the phone that the part is in stock and will ship out tomorrow. Then the next day you get an email saying that it's on back order.  :slap:

CLASSIC

Quote from: WhiteOnGreen on January 16, 2020, 05:54:17 AM
After reading your comments, I may have to give classic industries another chance but my experience with them has been bad for several rasons.
I purchase a headliner with approved discount code but not apply discount on the final invoice, Rush fee apply? and I can't remove a product from basquet that has been in backorder since 2012 visa hold pending status, no good for me.

Hello WhiteOnGreen,

Thank you for your comment. We would greatly appreciate another opportunity to serve you.
Please PM me with details regarding the backorder, and we will see to it that the pending order is cancelled.
As far as products showing in inventory, but being out-of-stock. It is a possibility that the product count was inaccurate on that particular, or that the item was misplaced in warehouse and could not be found when they went to pull your order.
I suppose there could also be an issue where the item showing in stock was not in saleable condition, or something like that. But, these types of issues should be a very, very rare occurrence.
I believe that we have a largest in-stock inventory of Mopar parts in the USA. We do have a new site in development that will be launched this year. The new site may very well clear up the issue you experienced with the discount code.
In the meantime, we are happy to work with you to resolve such an issue if you ever experience such a thing in the future.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

CLASSIC

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 15, 2020, 01:27:25 PM
Thank You Ray, much appreciated by all here...

Mike

Thank you to all who have commented here and put your faith in me and our efforts here.
Our door is always open here when there is some kind of issue that needs to be addressed, regardless of what it is.
We will always do our best to try to help any forum member or customer to the best of our ability.
Your kind words of support and understanding are appreciated.

For the record, we believe that the OP's issue has been handled to his complete satisfaction.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend, coming up! Take care.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

moparguy01

Glad to hear they made it good. I thought about buying their Underwood ac kit when they had a 20 percent off coupon, but their discounts don't work on anything I'm after. Kinda a bummer.

69B5

Classic Industries has made good on everything and ALL IS WELL

I can't let my friends on dodgecharger.com know as the thread is now locked (???)