News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help Measurements needed

Started by ht4spd307, March 11, 2020, 08:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

Hello all i need a few measurements as I've replaced my floor pan and now are welding in my auto shifter mount but to do so i want to make sure the shifter is orientated and working  correctly so I've mounted my 727 in but without the engine so what i need is the position the gearbox would be if it had the engine in I've added a photo of the measurements i need it's a 440 727 car .The top measurement is from the top of the bell housing to the wiper motor bolt top and the others are from the square edges on the side of the bell housing to the chassis rail not the lip ! thank you much appreciated

b5blue

ht4spd307

Mytur Binsdirti

b5blue

The floor shift needs a hole in the tunnel smarty pants! That is possibly what he needs.  :nana:

Challenger340

As soon as I UN-hibernate ours I can measure for you ?
It's a 69 Charger R/T, 440 has never been out of the Car/never rebuilt..... only thing that worries me is I dunno if the motor mount rubbers aren't sagged as they are still original as well ? may throw off a bit ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

ht4spd307

Just need the 3 measurements so i can line up my shifter doesn't matter column or floor 

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: b5blue on March 11, 2020, 06:48:10 PM
The floor shift needs a hole in the tunnel smarty pants! That is possibly what he needs.  :nana:

The transmission will be in the same location regardless whether the car has a column shift or floor shift so please refer to me as "intelligent pants".  :coolgleamA:

ht4spd307

Anyone ? or do i have to turn the welder off :whistling:

70 sublime

My car is up on jack stands right now as I was putting new universals in the drive shaft
Will see if I can get you some numbers
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

OK so I went and measured before I forgot to do it  :yesnod:

So top of transmission to the tip of the center of the windshield wiper motor bolt is 11"

The outside edge of the starter bump of transmission to the flange that sticks out on the top of the frame rail I get about 5 1/2 "

Other side of transmission to the side of the frame rail (under the flange so just the square box part of the rail ) I get about 5 3/4 "

I will try to load my pictures later if needed  

I measured where I could because I have exhaust and torsion bars in the way  :2thumbs:

PS my car is 383 with 727

First picture the tape measure is sitting flat on the top of the transmission housing right beside engine block and the 11 inch mark is right in center of bolt

Second picture the tape measure is on the part of the transmission the sticks out the farthest around the starter housing and the 5 1/2 " mark is on the flange on the edge of frame rail looking up from under the car

Third picture for the other side did not turn out so well and is a little confusing to look at so I did not add it here

ht4spd307

Thank you sublime much appreciated  :2thumbs: :cheers:

Mytur Binsdirti

My car is on a lift, so I can take the left - right measurements to the frame rails easily. This is what I came up with was....

Passenger's side: 6 5/8" when measured from the center of the lowermost trans-bellhousing bolt to the vertical side of the frame rail.

Driver's side: 9" when measured from the center of the lowermost trans-bellhousing bolt to the vertical side of the frame rail.

Posting pictures on this site is damn near impossible, but if you want me to send you pictures, pm me your email address & I'll send them to you.

:2thumbs:

70 sublime

A couple pictures added to my post above

ht4spd307