News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally some paint

Started by dodgey68, January 10, 2010, 09:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

:icon_smile_tongue:

Awesome car - and putting it to use !   :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks killer! Got a great stance rolling down the road   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

dodgey68

ok I changed the diff centre today,,i taken  out a 2.76   489case,,  and fitted a 3.23 with eaten tru-track 489 case back in,, but on installing the tail shaft yolk, uni,s  I noticed the diff yolk  was a different size to the tail shaft ,,,  dam gotta wait for a new uni with the right sizes,,
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

garner7555

I bet you will be happy with the gain in low speed take off.    :2thumbs:    :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Dino

Quote from: dodgey68 on February 12, 2017, 12:16:04 AM
ok I changed the diff centre today,,i taken  out a 2.76   489case,,  and fitted a 3.23 with eaten tru-track 489 case back in,, but on installing the tail shaft yolk, uni,s  I noticed the diff yolk  was a different size to the tail shaft ,,,  dam gotta wait for a new uni with the right sizes,,

Can't find those locally? There's usually a few parts stores around here that have those.

You'll love the 3.23s.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Troy

Quote from: Dino on February 12, 2017, 11:27:15 AM

Can't find those locally? There's usually a few parts stores around here that have those.

:D In Australia?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dino

Quote from: Troy on February 12, 2017, 01:10:17 PM
Quote from: Dino on February 12, 2017, 11:27:15 AM

:D In Australia?

Troy

Nuts! Missed that bit. My bad! 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

dodgey68

thank you for your help, got one on its way   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:,, looking foward to seeing what the difference is between the 2.76 and now 3.23,,,
2.76 was very slugish of the line but great on the freeway

dodgey68

wow, what a difference,, 
the car now with the 3.23 tru-track,, its alive,, hell of a lot more responsive, ,, I put the foot into it around a corner,  and its out sideways ,, spins the wheels  easy,, lot more fun,,

garner7555

Awesome.    :2thumbs:    Glad to hear that you like them.   That's how a Charger is suppose to behave.   :drive:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

darbgnik

Got any more interior pics? Sweet build.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

dodgey68

interior shot

dodgey68

ok went a tour with the wife, on way home, i was in the carpark  about to get tea, i herd a loud snapping steel noise, ,,  car dropped , i shit,, then got out had a look, thought i snapped a torsion bar, but  it actually punched the bolt out of the lca adjuster, anyone seen this happen?,, oh well nothing to drastic, drove it home, put it up on hoist, going to do some work on front end any way, just a bit sooner than i expected ,,

Charger-Bodie

I've seen them strip threads and spit the bolt out. Is that what happened?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

birdsandbees

OE bolts or reproductions?? Anyone crank the bolts while it was on it's wheels?.. or only in the air?
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

dodgey68

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 13, 2019, 09:27:58 AM
I've seen them strip threads and spit the bolt out. Is that what happened?

yes, couldnt find bolt,

WHITE AND RED 69

Yikes! Luckily nothing got damaged when it dropped.

Interior is looking good, any pictures of the dash and front seats?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

67440chrg

Good it didnt hurt the body. Your car is beautiful. Its close to the same color as mine.

BDF

That's a great looking car! Is it back on the road now?

dodgey68

yes all fixed , i have had a few dramas , but hopefully all good now, here is a pic of charger with a roadrunner in back ground

dodgey68

my young bloke wanted to take some shots

XH29N0G

Wow!  I missed the recent posts on this thread.  Really nice.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

GreenMachine

I'm over a year late to respond, but I've had a torsion bar bolt do that to me on my '70 Charger. I was trying to level the car, I'd jack the car up, crank on the bolt, lower the car, and drive around the block and re-check. About the 3rd time I put the jack in position, and then thought to myself, it only needs a quarter turn down, I'll just reach under there and turn it. As soon as I put pressure on the ratchet, the car crashed down, with absolutely no warning. I had my head mostly under the car, luckily the jack was there and spared me a crushed skull. The bolt threads were fine, it was the threads on the block that stripped.

I went to the local junk yard a got one off of a later model and noticed it had coarse threads instead of fine thread. Makes me think it was happening back in the day too.

FYI, the 1957 model cars were newly designed with torsion bars and didn't use a rubber boot on the aft end. They had problems with torsion bars breaking that year, and by 1958 or 1959 every car had the rubber grease boots.

Beautiful car BTW!
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

dodgey68

Clean for a change :shruggy: