News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drip rail seam sealer question

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, April 02, 2020, 09:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

I just cleaned out the drip rail to bare metal and added seam sealer but I have a low spot that is bugging me. Can you add another slim coat of seam sealer over the low spot or is it a one and done situation?   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

kent

Scuff I a little and reapply in that low spot. My body man just did this in my trunk area. What type of seam sealer are you using?  Maybe I should of asked that first. More than likely will work though.
Kent

WHITE AND RED 69

Thanks Kent   :cheers:

It is 3M fast n firm #08505. Everything I see is it has to be over bare metal so I'm worried it won't stick. But I'll give it a shot.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

myk

How did that area of the car develop an issue?  This sounds interesting; post pictures please...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

kent

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 03, 2020, 04:53:10 PM

It is 3M fast n firm #08505. Everything I see is it has to be over bare metal so I'm worried it won't stick. But I'll give it a shot.

I'll give my body man a shout to confirm now that I know the seam sealer.
Get back to later this afternoon WR69
Kent

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: myk on April 04, 2020, 01:49:37 AM
How did that area of the car develop an issue?  This sounds interesting; post pictures please...

This is on my Duster. Originally it didn't have the chrome trim on the drip rail but I wanted to add it and the old owner had the seam sealer covering sections of the lip for the trim. So I have to clean it out and reapply so the trim could clip over it. Old stuff might crack eventually but a well prepped car should have any issues.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster