News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please unsubscribe me...

Started by alfaitalia, April 08, 2020, 05:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

This used to be a nice welcoming site...and your could have a laugh, take the piss and others would take the piss back...not now. It's the American way and point of view or nothing.....and it may come as a shock to some members that most of the rest of the world have different ideas (guns,covid19, the environment, foreign countries, Muslims etc etc)..different...but not necessarily wrong...it's called a debate....something certain members don't seem to be able to understand....plenty of other sites out there..some I already post on.....where you can speak your mind...not get shouted down for not being/thinking American....mods obviously think the same as rarely speak out or police the threads....even ignoring their own posting rules..which is fine. So me and my 69 are out. Thanks for your time.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

johnnycharger

Lennard

This is not an airport. No need to announce your departure.

johnnycharger

ACUDANUT

johnnycharger

Dynamic duo proving the original poster correct..

Lennard

Quote from: johnnycharger on April 08, 2020, 10:56:35 PM
Dynamic duo proving the original poster correct..
Dude, please stop... you're hurting my feelings!

Fred

What is going on with this forum. It used to be such a wonderful place to visit. All of a sudden we have a handful of petty minded members abusing other members (in particular members from other countries) and telling them to "F" off simply because they express their opinions and have a viewpoint that differs.
This kind of behaviour is absolutely appalling!
Such abuse should not have to be tolerated by any member.
Where are the moderators??

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

alfaitalia

Quote from: Lennard on April 08, 2020, 09:46:25 PM
This is not an airport. No need to announce your departure.

True...but you do if you want to be unsubscribed....there is no way to close an account yourself.......mods have to do it.

Lennard

Quote from: Fred on April 09, 2020, 01:04:11 AM

What is going on with this forum. It used to be such a wonderful place to visit. All of a sudden we have a handful of petty minded members abusing other members (in particular members from other countries) and telling them to "F" off simply because they express their opinions and have a viewpoint that differs.

In my opinion, it's pretty simple Fred. When you sign up, one of the rules you agree with is NO POLITICS on this forum.  So if and when you bring politics into nearly every reply you post, mainly to bash the USA... then you can expect to get shit from some members.  Mainly because this is a USA based forum with mainly USA based members. That is just my view on this.

ACUDANUT

THE UK LOVES IT'S MUSLIMS.  KEEP EM.

1970Moparmann

I'm like a lot of members that "used to" be on here a lot.   The older I get the less I want deal with rude people.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 09, 2020, 11:35:52 AM

I'm like a lot of members that "used to" be on here a lot.   The older I get the less I want deal with rude people.

People these days need thicker skin. PERIOD.

XH29N0G

Stay safe.  I enjoyed your input and perspective. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fred

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 09, 2020, 08:31:56 PM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 09, 2020, 11:35:52 AM

People these days need thicker skin. PERIOD.

Hmm! Tell that to the members who resort to "F" off! because they don't like what they're hearing.... If they themselves had thicker skin they wouldn't get so riled up over other members voicing their opinions.
Just saying.

nvrbdn

Oh wow, it's been a while since I have been on and this is the first thing I read. Sad to see the tension going on. But I guess it will happen when people start talking about things other than cars. Peace out people. This is supposed to be the escape from the crap of the world!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1970Moparmann

When I was building my car, I received so much good advice from many members and my car turned out better than what I expected.   Sadly, "most" of these members have left this forum, or barely come on.   I say kick out all of the assholes...  go stir up the pot on Moparts.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Fred

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 10, 2020, 08:25:08 AM
When I was building my car, I received so much good advice from many members and my car turned out better than what I expected.   Sadly, "most" of these members have left this forum, or barely come on.   I say kick out all of the assholes...  go stir up the pot on Moparts.

My sentiments exactly.
A real shame.

A383Wing

His departure must have got cancelled.....he's still here

ACUDANUT

I hope he reconsiders.  We are all getting on each others nerve being locked up. Even families are breaking apart. There will be a lot of Divorces and Babies made during this shit storm.

Lennard

Quote from: A383Wing on April 11, 2020, 03:57:34 PM
Yep, he was here today. That shows you how bad he wants to unsubscribe from this awful forum.

charger Downunder

Stop picking leave him alone. Go and work on your charger...
by the way 70.s Rule :smilielol:
[/quote]

Fred

Quote from: Lennard on April 11, 2020, 07:50:17 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on April 11, 2020, 03:57:34 PM
Yep, he was here today. That shows you how bad he wants to unsubscribe from this awful forum.

It's not the forum that's awful.

stripedelete

I think ToughCat was banned for less of an infraction.

There was NOTHING offensive about alfaitalia's post.   

alfaitalia

Im here....just watching sand reading posts...because no one has close my account yet...I cant do iti Will still look after they do. I dont mind looking at the threads....both good and bad...but no longer want to be a part of a forum (posting stuff) were it is seen to be OK to post frankly racist (not sure if thats the right word for a religion!) posts about Muslims....but its not the vast majority of peace loving hard working muslins you should be hating on....just the tiny percentage who associate with terrorism.....plus lots of other stuff where the slightest criticism of your government and the way it works (lets face it ...it you had a one man one vote system Hilary would be in charge (nearly 3 million more votes...democracy!!!???)....more of you voted for her than trump....so its not as if everyone on here is a DT fan) is taken at the same level as if id taken a personal snipe at your wife....the number of posts  showing no respect for the Uk (your NATO friend by the ) that I ignore ...just because you have that right to your opinion....why not try it the other way around....seeya.  .

Lennard

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 12, 2020, 06:21:56 AM
Im here....just watching sand reading posts...because no one has close my account yet...I cant do iti Will still look after they do. I dont mind looking at the threads....both good and bad...but no longer want to be a part of a forum (posting stuff) were it is seen to be OK to post frankly racist (not sure if thats the right word for a religion!) posts about Muslims....but its not the vast majority of peace loving hard working muslins you should be hating on....just the tiny percentage who associate with terrorism.....plus lots of other stuff where the slightest criticism of your government and the way it works (lets face it ...it you had a one man one vote system Hilary would be in charge (nearly 3 million more votes...democracy!!!???)....more of you voted for her than trump....so its not as if everyone on here is a DT fan) is taken at the same level as if id taken a personal snipe at your wife....the number of posts  showing no respect for the Uk (your NATO friend by the ) that I ignore ...just because you have that right to your opinion....why not try it the other way around....seeya.  .
:wave:

ACUDANUT

The UK shows us no respect and are snobs. :RantExplode:
We have free speech here, can you say the same thing ? Your Queenie is a OLD BAG. :nana:

XH29N0G

People and nations have a choice: (1) to do what they want, have a thick skin, and don't demand respect, or (2) to do what is needed to do to command respect.

Whining about it isn't the answer.

Those people and countries who are great, command respect.

Being a little humble also helps.  

And what do we do in terms of respecting others and other nations?   :scratchchin:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

alfaitalia

ACUDANUT
Of course we have free speech...what a random question! Some people said until recently it was a bit too free!!....allowing racists and terrorist the same rights of free speech. Thats why we have relatively new laws that could send you to prison for crimes such as "Inciting hatred" (so that includes hatred of race, religion or sexual preference......including the sort of anti-Muslim bullshit that gets posted on here.).
As to the Queen....well she has no real power and the royals haven't for a quite a long time....since about 1215 when GB started to use Constitutional law!!! She is a Monarch and a figure head and brings much business into the the UK...but cant change laws by herself....she still has to sign them off though...but thats just tradition. The Government makes the laws and runs the place (hopefully with the backing of the people)....just like any other democracy....including yours.
The point Im making is that you are entitled to your opinion of the Queen....being a Royalist I disagree of course.....and I will not get all personal and threatening with you for doing it....However when i say Trump is a cock who should not be allowed to run a bath let alone a nation (a view held by a large chunk of the planet (and quite a few Amercans) in case you dont get international news over there!!!!)...well lets tell the Brit to Fuck off!!
I think you are right that we (along with other countries) dont show you, as a nation, as much respect as we did....wonder why that could be??? Anything to do with DT??....who clearly does not give a toss about the rest of the world (or his own people looking at his handling of the covid 19 mess)..............respect is earned....not an entiltlement.

b5blue

Hey here we have representatives they run everything and represent big money lobbyists! Our king is elected by them so OUR votes mean nothing! That's democracy at it's finest!  :lol:   

Lennard

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 08, 2020, 05:18:02 PM
So me and my 69 are out.
Four days ago you wanted to unsubscribe from this awful and posted this.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

b5blue

He is rallying for a comeback, don't let the bullys win! 

stripedelete

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 12, 2020, 08:58:14 AM
The UK shows us no respect and are snobs. :RantExplode:

I'm not trying to pick on you, but, "no respect"?  The UK is our "Wing Man" without fail.  We drag those poor bastards into almost every stinking pile of poo we step into across this planet.   They always have our back.   Stop drinking the cool aid........