News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just got done watching planet of the apes.

Started by 70charginglizard, August 13, 2005, 12:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

What an awesome movie.
Haven't seen it in quite some time
Great movie with an even more awesome message. :yesnod:
Especially with the way things are going on in the world today.
....The 29th Scroll: Beware of the beast man. For he is the devils pone. Among Gods primates he kills for sport or lust or gread. Yeah he will murder his brother to pocess his brothers land. Let him not bred in great numbers. For he will make a desert of his home and yours. Drive him back into his jungle lare. For he is the harvenger of death.
70charginglizard

myk

Ummm......
"The only good human, is a DEAD human!" 
-That's my favorite line...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Silver R/T

Ive gotta watch that movie, havent seen it yet, sounds like its a must see movie
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

You must be talking about the original I am assuming.   Awesome movie.   Makes you think about things, made me wonder about history, this is reaching, but there is a Rage Against the Machine song says something like, "Those who control the present, control the past, those who control the past control the future."  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Drache

My favorite part was how the human wanted so badly to get back to earth and then he runs out onto the beach and sees what's left of the Statue of Liberty sunken in the water and then he realizes he IS on earth! That was so cool adn a great shocker to people way back when those movies were original!

Now you see that sort of ending in a couple of movies... but it started with the apes!  :P
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70charginglizard

GET YOUR PAWS OFF OF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!.... :icon_smile_big:
70charginglizard

BigBlockSam

the problem is there  breeding in great numbers.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Bluebeast

I have to say that I think the Planet of the Apes has got to be one of the best SCi-Fi flicks of all time! Love the ending! If you like it, you should read the book sometime. It is different and most say, better than the movie.
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

Nupe

The remake with Marky Mark (LOL) was pretty cool.  I thought they were going to remake more???

:P

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Goldfinger71

Is it me or does Michael Jackson looks like he could play one of the apes?........ouch! :-\ 
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Brock Samson

DRACHE!!

Q:
Why would you give away the ending?.  the suprise ending to this movie?..  :P

That is so damn $&*(^)_ up!!  :'(

BTW the original is a great movie, and the remake is horrific! (not in a good way)

Drache

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 14, 2005, 06:39:17 PM
DRACHE!!

Q:
Why would you give away the ending?.   the suprise ending to this movie?..   :P

That is so damn $&*(^)_ up!!   :'(

BTW the original is a great movie, and the remake is horrific! (not in a good way)

OMG! You mean there is someone who hasn't seen the movie?!  :o  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

2fast4u

Just rented it and watched it for the first time...the 2001 movie!   I liked it!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

SeattleCharger

The new one was ok, nothing like the original, but by itself as a movie, I could stand it.  The ending of the new one was kind of cool when he got that little surprise landing thing happen.  (being vague for those of you who haven't seen it.) :icon_smile_cool:

Old Moparz

The original was 100 times better, & also one of my all time favorite movies. I saw the remake on HBO & was a bit disappointed at some of the story changes. My father took me to see the original in the theater way back in 1969 (I think that was the year?) I remember being on the edge of the seat, & shocked when they did the first camera shot of the gorilla on horseback hunting the humans. Never saw anything like it at the time. Still can't believe it had a "G" rating too.

Did anyone know that Charlton Heston was in the remake? I won't say what part, but it was ironic considering his part in the original.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Khyron

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 15, 2005, 08:42:17 AM

Did anyone know that Charlton Heston was in the remake? I won't say what part, but it was ironic considering his part in the original.

and he even gets to say his line ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Lowprofile

Let My People Go!                   

Sorry, wrong movie :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

John_Kunkel

Planet of the Apes aka Darwin Gets the Last Laugh.   :icon_smile_big:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Brock Samson

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 16, 2005, 04:51:13 PM
Let My People Go!                             

Sorry, wrong movie :rotz:

lol, he does sort of look like an ape

KMPX2