News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

eBay Build sheet

Started by billssuperbird, March 09, 2015, 10:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

Quote from: farm966 on March 09, 2015, 12:32:26 PM
Capitalism at its finest...supply and demand. I agree it should be returned to the person owning the car, possibly something for the guys time, lunch or dinner perhaps at the most. I would be embarrassed to ask such a price, but for what I have seen people adversities NOS parts, this doesn't surprise me.

Just make up a fake one!   Then the person who has the one on ebay won't have squat!   The build sheet is a piece of paper - nothing more!

Start hysterical, "sky is falling", "someday someone might buy a fake" debate hereafter.....     :hah:

PS  How do you know the one on ebay is real?

PSS And if it is real, how did the person come to possess it?  Theft of course!    If it has any value, then certainly the owner of the car can claim ownership to the build sheet, right?  Get the police involved.

What a stinker I is....

FJ5WING

Quote from: billssuperbird on March 09, 2015, 10:56:44 AM
eBay number 191532206360  build sheet 1970 Superbird rm23uoa178682 price 2.500.00  :eek2: :o :shruggy: :icon_bs:

Did I miss the part where he told us why he didn't include the sheet when he sold the car?

I hope he is just fishing for the current owner and figured he would get a lot of bang for the buck with he price.
wingless now, but still around.

nascarxx29

Quote from: Lord Warlock on March 10, 2015, 09:50:46 PM
In a perfect world, I'd consider returning a build sheet to the current owner.  but seeing as he was a previous owner, its possible he may have sold other build sheets with the parts and misplaced one only to find it later.  And to him it was his link to his past glory.   I do know that if I ever sell my charger rtse, the build sheet and original fender tag will go with it.  Its only fair.

If it was a dude that found one in a junk yard and is trying to get a reward for gaining a sheet the easy way, I'd say he was scum.  But a previous owner? don't think that of previous owners.  And given the fact that Aero car owners tend to spend an excessive amount on your cars and sell them for much higher prices than the rest of us, maybe getting a build sheet for proof of build is worth a premium.  Don't see 2500 as being too high for a real rare superbird.  If I had a SB, and showed it often, I'd probably pay that for it.  But I'm not, will never be, so don't have to worry about it.

I would like to find a yellow 440 six pack SB that was sold in Jacksonville FL Plymouth dealer around 1973-4. (brand new) I remember looking at it on the lot when it was new.  Only one I ever sat in.  Know they were only asking 3000 for it, they had it in the showroom for 3 years and had just moved it to the lot.  Doubt I could afford it if found, but would like to see it again.

you might see it again this one was yellow superbird from florida    http://www.wwnboa.org/poolbird.htm

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

held1823

If it was a dude that found one in a junk yard and is trying to get a reward for gaining a sheet the easy way, I'd say he was scum.  But a previous owner? don't think that of previous owners.

i see it exactly the opposite. one might expect extortion from an opportunist scavenger, but a previous owner trying to profit from a piece of paper he "forgot" to include when he sold the car? not cool.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Lord Warlock

Not every buyer of muscle cars even asks about a build sheet, only the high dollar investors expect it.  Not sure about you, but my filing skills weren't the best when left on my own, they've gotten a lot better since I got married 30 years ago.  Now I can find everything, up until I was 26 or so, you'd be lucky if I could find the title.  When I first got mine, I tossed two build sheets because I didn't know what they were, just thought some nutjob crammed a piece of paper up on top of the radio under the dash, it came out in several pieces but could have been taped back together. 2nd was rotted under the carpet under drivers seat.  3rd was under the back seat cushion, and that is the one I still have.  I also lost the certi card that was in car when I got it.

But we will have to disagree I guess, I give previous owners some credit for saving the car in good shape for me to own. The car is more important than the paperwork. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

pettybird

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 10, 2015, 02:06:41 AM
It's a "Petty blue" Superbird J99539 - isn't that the highest known Petty blue Superbird VON?

I looked and saw 539 and thought 'wow that's pretty high.'

That *should* mean there are at least 40 of them?  I thought our car was special but now that it's one of a whopping 2% of production it seems rather pedestrian to me  :lol:

rainbow4jd

Quote from: pettybird on March 13, 2015, 05:33:07 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on March 10, 2015, 02:06:41 AM
It's a "Petty blue" Superbird J99539 - isn't that the highest known Petty blue Superbird VON?

I looked and saw 539 and thought 'wow that's pretty high.'

That *should* mean there are at least 40 of them?  I thought our car was special but now that it's one of a whopping 2% of production it seems rather pedestrian to me  :lol:

hahahahahahahaha   dang!     :nana:

chubby53

It adds value to the car , pay up or go without . I wanted a £1k for mine Daytona sheet and parts list