News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you could order a brand new classic Charger what would you get ?

Started by 70 sublime, May 07, 2020, 10:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Sounds like every one is happy with getting 10 mpg with their cars and drive them hundreds of miles every year
Might be ok with fuel prices down now but they will go back up  :nana:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

timmycharger

Quote from: Puzbie on May 08, 2020, 09:03:30 PM
Quote from: timmycharger on May 08, 2020, 06:37:07 AM
Ill play!

Tough call, but for me it would have to be a 1969 RT/SE, 4spd 440,  B3 Blue with black interior/top...

I'm with you... With a White R/T stripe though.

I'm restoring something close: numbers matching 69 SE 383 B3 Blue with black interior/top. Have had it since '86.

:cheers: :cheers:

RiverRaider

I would get a hemi 4spd 4:10 dana all black and bare bones if was not the daily driver but given that it is to be used as follows (you have to drive it now in your everyday life for 6 months of the year)

I would order this if possible. some parts may be part of a package but it would be as follows....
1969 Charger 500
440 4 speed console
Track pack 3:54 dana etc
Omaha orange
Black interior
Black stripe
A01 light package
A47 SE package
Dual mirrors
Head restraints
Rear defogger
Floor mats
Tinted windshield
Trunk light
Hood turn signals
Door edge protectors
Undercoat and hood insulation
6 way seat
Power windows
Radio delete if possible
Power steering
Power disc brakes
Tach

And if possible I would want the dealer to put on headers, intake, cam and chrome valve covers and air shocks from the hustle stuff catalog along with, American racing 200's on G60 15's in front and N50's in the rear.

I don't think I could ask for more of a Charger and it would be old school perfect to me.

My first Charger was a Stock Car.

69bronzeT5

If I were to order a 1971 Charger R/T new, mine is pretty close except I'd obviously do a Hemi 4 speed. Otherwise I love my options. Otherwise.....

1969 Charger R/T SE: 426 Hemi 4 speed, power sunroof, luggage rack, Black with blue interior and black vinyl top. Stripe delete with black steel wheels and dog dishes.

1970 Charger R/T: 426 Hemi 4 speed, power sunroof, luggage rack, Sublime Green with white interior, black vinyl top and black longitudinal stripes and 15x7 Rallye wheels.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

67440chrg

6bblgt

these always turn into "Fantasy Island"  :icon_smile_big:  of course everyone gets a HEMI - how many days a week are you going to work on it?  ..... does your "other car" have a /6 in it?
 :cheers:  NO Charger "rubber floors" or a SE with white interior - there are NO white leather Charger interiors  :scratchchin: what's the motivation for the SE package, etc.

I started another thread - just wanted to see if anybody else wanted to overthink the "dream" as much as I did  :eek2:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,137810.0.html

Kern Dog

I wonder if Herve/Tattoo felt humiliated with the golf cart/mini Dodge Aspen wagon.

Mytur Binsdirti

gtx6970

I gotta admit.
something like this would be pretty high on my wish list .
same colors and all. Especially the options this particular car has.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-357105/1970-dodge-charger-rt-se/

Kern Dog

For me, a daily driver is a pickup truck. I have to carry tools and stuff for work BUT if it were a car for everything else, why not a '70 in B-5, 440-6 with a 727 and 3.55 gears? I'd find a way to add A/C.