News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power window motor

Started by hemi68charger, April 17, 2020, 06:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey Gang..

Just picked up an window motor for my 69 Hemi Charger 500.. Wanted to try a new one first since the old ones are, well, 50 years old... How in the heck do I take the gear and pinion off the motor head shaft? The new motor doesn't come with it...

Thanks in advance..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger Downunder

Pretty sure they pull straight up and off and you can buy the new gears from rock auto.
[/quote]

GMP440

On that style motor there usually is a lip on the bottom of the big gear that keeps the big gear in when meshed with the long worm gear. 
You need to pull the long worm gear outby pulling out the armature.  This slides the worm gear out and frees the big gear .

kent

Kent

A383Wing

I have a lot of PW motors here...the large gear just pulls up out of the housing...it's only held in by the cover.....at least all of mine are

Bryan