News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Banned from the site but now I am back.

Started by Kern Dog, May 29, 2020, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 17, 2020, 04:36:11 AM
....sand theres the rub.....you never know if you are infected or not....until you pass it to someone vulnerable and they die....then you know when its traced back to you!!
I have never lived my life as a doomsayer. I don't go around worrying about things. I'm not hanging out in nursing homes or ICU departments either.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 16, 2020, 11:59:21 PM
but if I'm not infected, the mask is just slowing me down.  

But how do you know you're not infected? Think incubation time. Think Typhoid Mary.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Kern Dog

Just an observation:
Not sure what others do but When someone posts a bunch of links, I usually ignore them. I will read what a person posts though.
Richard Cranium....That guy will post the article text along with a link. That will get my attention.
Incubation period?
I've stated numerous times that I think that this is a giant social experiment. I agree that the virus exists but I refuse to believe the doomsayer agenda. Forces way high up saw this and are taking huge advantage of it by means of social conditioning. Just because something seems far fetched does not mean that it is impossible. In this case, a virus that kills less than almost any other commonly known ailment has been used to change peoples lives and their economic position, at a very curious time as well.
When a situation out of the normal pattern arises like this one did, I look to see who benefits from it.

stripedelete

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 16, 2020, 11:59:21 PM
There lies the problem. Even the "Trusted" sources have been back and forth on the issue. I use common sense. The ones that say It isn't to protect you, it is to protect others from you... may THINK that they are making sense but if I'm not infected, the mask is just slowing me down.  Should all cars be restricted to 15 mph because some drivers may be dangerous?
No.

Yes!  If those drivers cannot be identified as dangerous, or when they will be dangerous, and it is a national emergency, and lives can be saved.  Yes, yes, yes, yes.

If there might be a dangerouse man eating grizzly in the woods.  I 'm not going hiking.   This is why people with high I.Q.s have longer life expectancies.

Google " Covid 19, Port Clinton, Ohio".  Healthy 37 year old that survived his tours in the Gulf wasn't going to let anyone tell him to wear a mask.   DEAD.  Who knows who he is taking with him.  That's the rub.

Don't temp God, K.D.

alfaitalia

I see in the news this evening that your leader was wearing one and saying what a good idea they are and promoting their use after saying that he would not wear one and doubting their effectiveness....hmm.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Sorry, guys. Every time I see someone suggest to use "Google" I cringe. They are heavily biased with their searches.

MoparMike68

Only a source but good points on both sides I never liked crowds, always practiced basic hygiene with lots of hand washing
and I'm picky about what I eat also I'm a bit of a germ freak. Howie Mandel and I have a lot in common   :yesnod:
I'm also the guy that won't eat the cake if someone blows on it and was always mindful of those in your face talking types of people so none of this is new to me.
Except now that it's new to everyone else I can't find wipes or Purell and paper towels   :brickwall:
Do masks work probably to the extent of coughing in your sleeve but it's better then in your face Covid or not.
In NJ masks are mandatory in businesses,I wear it only because I have to I prefer people stay away from me except for hot woman
They get a pass.  :lol:

stripedelete

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 17, 2020, 06:07:44 PM
Sorry, guys. Every time I see someone suggest to use "Google" I cringe. They are heavily biased with their searches.

No bias.  It's local news.

MoparMike68

Quote from: stripedelete on July 17, 2020, 06:19:40 PM

No bias. It's local news...The media's four largest conglomerates Comcast,Disney,AT&T, and Viacom are left leaning
Oh yeah No politics   :lol:

stripedelete

Quote from: MoparMike68 on July 17, 2020, 07:55:51 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on July 17, 2020, 06:19:40 PM

No bias. It's local news...The media's four largest conglomerates Comcast,Disney,AT&T, and Viacom are left leaning
Oh yeah No politics   :lol:

Ok.  Ill rephrase it.  "It happened locally".   It is a local "event".   It's not something I became aware of via the news media.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/richard-rose-covid-face-mask/

Kern Dog

I'm going to look like a hard case here but Snopes is on par with Google/Facebook/Twitter as far as their clear bias.
It is hard to find impartial information.
Bear with me on this, I am trying to state my opinion respectfully without triggering anyone. I'm glad to see that this topic has remained somewhat civil.
I have made efforts in my day to day  life (away from the computer) to talk less about politics. I do find it hard to stay informed without feeling polluted by the overwhelming influence of one agenda or another. It isn't as if I am always bitter or angry, I just don't want to be the guy that only talks about that stuff.
I have to stop myself from burdening the wife with it although we are in agreement on almost everything. I'm more willing to take a stand and face the consequences.
As an aside:
The movie American History X told the story of a man that became a leader in a White supremacist movement who was jailed after a brutal scuffle with a carjacker. In prison, he slowly changed his tune and lost his hatred for other races and vowed to live a better life once he was released. At one point, he spoke of how all the fighting, all the hate....never made his life better. He wanted to leave it behind.
I think about that and wonder if there is a way to reconcile that ideology with politics. How do I stand up for what I believe in while staying informed on issues that could affect me?

John_Kunkel

Being informed is the basis on which you should form beliefs but, if you reject information solely because you don't trust the politics of the source, you remain uninformed. You reject Google, Snopes and posted links, so staying informed and what you believe in are at odds with each other.

The only other way to form beliefs is by systematic brainwashing via religion or party affiliation.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

MoparMike68

odcics2

Just draw from personal experiences.   Don't watch ANY news!

For me, it was real when I got it and later had a friend die.
And another and another and another. 

Got grandkids that may or may not go back to school. Worried about that!

Immunity?  3-6 months is the common thinking.  So, I'm almost up, if I stretch it to 6!!

BUT, they say you are better equipped if you are exposed again.   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

If you don't know anyone that had it, or live away from population centers, consider yourself lucky! 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

odcics2

MoparMike68

Quote from: odcics2 on July 19, 2020, 11:02:52 AM

Immunity?  3-6 months is the common thinking.  So, I'm almost up, if I stretch it to 6!!

BUT, they say you are better equipped if you are exposed again.   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

If you don't know anyone that had it, or live away from population centers, consider yourself lucky! 
Sounds like your having a hard time with it, I know of only one a family member that tested positive he's eighty three
no symptoms or issues and has since recovered.
What location do you reside?

Kern Dog

I know of no one that has had it. I've heard of people that knew others but nobody that I know personally has gotten tested or died. I know of people that had severe colds back at the start of the year but no confirmed cases.

XH29N0G

Probably depends where you live and where in the country you live as to whether you have run into people who have had it or not.  I live in an area that has been a hotspot for some time now.  I know people who run the gamut of outcomes from mild, to complications, and at least one to death.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

odcics2

Quote from: MoparMike68 on July 19, 2020, 02:01:42 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on July 19, 2020, 11:02:52 AM

Sounds like your having a hard time with it, I know of only one a family member that tested positive he's eighty three
no symptoms or issues and has since recovered.
What location do you reside?

N. of Detroit.
My brother lost a 50 year old coworker.
His girlfriend had it and recovered.

The metro Detroit area got hit hard early on.

Nacho-RT74

why I would stop at a traffic light?? ?? that is against my freedom!!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

stripedelete

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 20, 2020, 12:56:27 PM

You would only stop if you care about the safety of your family and the safety of others.   And if you understand you have to cooperate to have a civilazation.   However, if it's your world and everyone else is just living in it, then all bets are off.   

Personally, I'm keeping score.  Going forward, I will have no compassion for, and offer no assistance to, those who have increased the risk to me and mine in during this emergency.  It is unfortunate we will not be able to handle it they way they did with the Nazi collaborators during the liberation of Europe.

MoparMike68

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 20, 2020, 12:56:27 PM
You are free to do so as long as you don't get caught  :lol: