News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graduation Parade

Started by XH29N0G, May 31, 2020, 08:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

The people in my town decided to host a graduation parade for graduates who missed graduations because of COVID.  We had a parade of cars that drove through our town.  People came out and it was really something nice.

I drove the charger.  At first I was wondering if it would start with half the parade behind me.  Then since it was warm and we were driving slowly, I was watching the T gauge.  I worried a little because most of my neighborhood uses hydrids and electrics.  Also about the poor car following, but with the timing advanced it can run fairly lean (A/F 14), and I worried about the poor engine which really hadn't done much slow driving.  The clutch....... date coded tires at 2011 and 2013..... anything and everything was a worry going in....

BUT it all worked wonderfully... the most diverse range of people cheered (a woman who I think was in her 80's yelled really nice things about the car)..... and the 4.30 gears and 2.87 first allowed us to roll along in 1st without too much lugging.  

Earlier in the day to pick up my son, I had similar windows rolled down hello's across racial lines.  I had one guy run out to stop me in front of my son's house to chat about the car and his love of Mopars and his barracuda.  

It was a wonderful day and fun to share.  My son will take off some time in the near future to work for GM.  He also has a love of cars and I am so happy and proud to see him move on.

My daughter and her friends stood between the police line and protestors holding up their hands and acting as a peaceful wall.  She said they were called out as white and asked to move up to keep things peaceful.  She said it was kind of tense but worthwhile.  I'm proud of her too and waiting for her graduation and job in a few years.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

Hey...I spy a radio delete plate!