News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did '68 Chargers come with different color seat pleats when new?

Started by bull, March 27, 2006, 11:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Is this just a repop thing or were some seat pleats different colors than the rest of the seat covers like you can get them now?

JimShine

They were offered in two tone from the factory. Dark green with olive pleats seems to be the most common style you see. That and black with silver/gray pleats.

Here is an original seat from my 1968

bull

Was there a code for that on the fender tag or was it a build sheet item? Or neither?

Troy

Yes.

Here's a post I made earlier that list the different fender tag codes (I should put this somewhere).
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6858.msg96444.html#msg96444

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Quote from: JimShine on March 27, 2006, 12:55:21 PM
They were offered in two tone from the factory. Dark green with olive pleats seems to be the most common style you see. That and black with silver/gray pleats.

Here is an original seat from my 1968

Jim, I didn't see that color option on the link Troy provided. Do you know what your code is for that combo?

JimShine

Troy's codes are:
A - gray
B - light blue
C - white & blue
D - white & green
E - white & gold
F - green
H - white & tan
L - tan
N - gold & black
Q - turqoise
R - red
S - silver & black
V - white & red
W - white & black
X - black
Y - gold

I have never seen a monotone green seat, always two tone, so my car has a F code. I looked through some of my cars on my computer and I see examples of two tone interiors with monotone designations. Example, a gold (tan) with white pleated car was coded Y. A black with gray pleated car was coded X, a monotone black interior was also coded X. I don't have a Broadcast sheet for my car, so I can't say if the code for the pleats is on there. And I don't have enough 1968's on my computer to see if some have N, S, or otther two tone designations. It would be cool to learn though!

bull

As usual it looks as if there's some ambiguities with Chrysler's option standards. My seats have the X-code so I guess I could go with either monotone black or black with silver pleats. Since the previous owner already bought monotone black I guess that's what it'll be. What about the S-code? Would that be silver with black pleats I assume?

41husk

I have blue with black, I don't see that on the chart either ???
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

JimShine

It is interesting the sales manual doesn't mention the two tone. Now I have seen different color pleats on white seats, they must have been keyed to the carpet. But for the other cars, I have no idea what was going on.

8WHEELER

I have never seen silver pleats on the black seats, not from the factory.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Blade

B5 Charger

I have a friend in town who has an original B7 blue car.  His interior is B7 with light, B3 blue, colored pleats.

OttawaCharger

The seats in my 68 came black with grey (silver?) pleats.  I'm 99% sure they are correct as I found the build sheet in the back seat springs.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

JimShine

I had a stock black with grey pleats front seat once upon a time.

THE CHARGER PUNK

19Charger68

My 68 also has the stock black seats with silver inserts.  I didn't think they were stock when we first acquired the car but found out later that they are.  Lots of comments at shows because of the contrasting colors.
Bruce