News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pic

Started by duckmanreno, August 15, 2020, 08:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckmanreno

I love the site but must confess I can't post a picture no matter what. Is there a tutorial around?
Thanks Joe
22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!

darbgnik

Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

6bblgt

from a phone ??

from a computer:
the site now has a 400K limit - so resize to 400K or less & give it a unique name

below see Attach: "choose file" search for it on your computer hit "OPEN" brings you back here & hit "Post"

hemi-hampton

There has been many many complaints on that problem for years. But one individual in here recently said he has no idea what everybody is complaining about & say's it's easy & he has no Problems :shruggy: :scratchchin: ::) :icon_smile_angry: :flame: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :eek2:

Kern Dog

I wonder if it is a problem that is either too difficult to correct or if the site owner just doesn't care.
This site could absolutely benefit from an update. Every other forum that I use except the 1970 Charger Registry uses a simple picture posting program.
I do like that this is a classic Charger only site but I wish that the owner took a more hands on approach rather than just chiming in to warn or ban members when things get rowdy.
The annoying habit of having to rename a picture if you want to post it a second time is stupid. Changing the name makes it a pisser when posting that picture somewhere else. I keep all of mine in sequential order by number and letter so changing it to post here can make it harder to find later. I am not a computer tech guy but I don't see why it is easy to repost a picture everywhere else but here.
I'd love to see this site get an update, even if it meant ads were present.

duckmanreno

I appreciate the input. Thought it was just me since my last computer class was in Fortran.
I will try it again tomorrow
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

hemi-hampton

There has been times I renamed & still they wouldn't post & no matter what I do or did nothing worked, it's come down to having to close the site & leave the site & come back & start all over again all new, the only way it would work. And many times got so frustrated after trying over & over 5 different ways & 5 different times that I just say the Hell with it, give up & don't post any pics. LEON. :brickwall:

Kern Dog

I'm right there with you, Leon. I've typed up a half page of text and then the whole thing gets kicked back based on the "You already submitted this image" or whatever it puts up.
It sucks. There is a better way.

duckmanreno

test picture
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

kent

I learnt very early on here to copy everything I print. Then try, try again! lol :brickwall:
Kent

duckmanreno

I appreciate the advice. I was able to do it on my computer, iPhone didn't work.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

XH29N0G

What I have done with a PC is the following.

I pull up the image on the screen and use the snipping tool to recapture it.  I then save as a jpg with a name having three letters and the date and if it is the second one for the day a, b, c.  It looks like ABC20200816.jpg
Then I upload that.  It is rare that I find someone has already used that name.

The snip program also makes it small enough to post.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

71GSSDemon

Apparently I am even more handicapable, as I can't even find the "attach" button.  Insert image wants a URL.  What a pain.

71GSSDemon

I figured it out.  You have to be in Preview to attach.  Had to guess, I guess...

hemigeno

Quote from: 71GSSDemon on August 10, 2023, 07:20:16 AMI figured it out.  You have to be in Preview to attach.  Had to guess, I guess...

That's only if you're using the "Quick Reply" feature, and that was not available on the previous forum software which was in place when many of the earlier replies were posted.

Just below the last post of a thread, there's a "REPLY" button for a regular (i.e. not a "Quick") reply.  For those regular replies, the image attachment features are closer to the previous version of the forum software.  Some of the instructions included on these older threads may not apply to the new / upgraded version of the forum.

:Twocents: