News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vacuum hose and harness routing- 68 and 69

Started by Ghoste, February 09, 2021, 08:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Does anyone have a good photo of how the vacuum hoses for the headlight actuators and the headlight harness is laid in that section ahead of the rad cradle?  Survivor car photo is what I am looking for.

Ghoste

No one at all?  Okay, how about correctly restored cars?

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Somewhat.  What Im mostly wondering about is the way they routed them around the brace that is in the center.  There are about three ways to do it.

70 sublime

I took some pictures of my 69
Wish you had said about center brace routing

Will get another picture tomorrow of that

First pic is pass side
second is driver side
third pic is pass side
last pic is driver side
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Ghoste

That would be awesome and thank you for those pics.

70 sublime

more pictures

Ghoste

70 sublime

Ghoste

And just to give the backstory on why the great mystery, my own 69 has the harness and hoses clipped across the top of the rad cradle where the lines go for the a/c condenser.  Looking through my photos, I noticed no other cars had them here.  I put out this request a couple of weeks ago and someone was kind enough to provide me evidence the factory may have intended them across the rad cradle.
But I still didn't have a single photo to back that up and I didn't have any of the area you provided 70sublime.  Now I know why mine wasn't correct.  It is missing these brackets on the grille.  Looking at a spare grille, I see them on there.  I plan to restore the spare and get it in my car but in the meantime, I think I can fabricate something to work in mine for now.  Thanks again!

70 sublime

Does your spare parts grill have 3 clips or 4 ?

Just wondering if I have lost one or they only had 3

Ghoste

Three, two on left and one on the passenger side.  It doesnt look as though there was a fourth but it's kind of hanging up in the rafters so I will need to take a closer look at it.